1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

My experience with fasting only on water

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mindosa, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    I was taking a strong B vitamin complex which has 50 mg of Niacin quite a long time, but did not experience any above mentioned effect. But yesterday I tried 500 mg dose which is recommended to increase NAD+ levels and after half an hour I felt a strong blush effect.
    The sensation like all your blood surged to your head and to the surface of my skin to the smallest capillaries. I also felt the sensation in my ears like increasing pressure, but after a cup of coffee the pressure disappeared. So it's safe to say that a high dose of Niacin definitely does something with the blood circulation. I didn't feel any similar blood circulation effect with the Ginkgo or with Lemon bioflavonoids and maybe a high dose of Niacin is a better solution for the inner ears and brain blood circulatory problems.

Later on I am going to increase my Niacin dose till 1000 mg daily and who knows maybe this will help to lessen or even to eliminate my tinnitus.

2. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
  3. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Found this post:

Niacin, could it be a solution?

Dear all,
    I have been suffering the symptoms of Menière for a few weeks in a row, without improvement (even with diuretics, low salt diet, no caffeine, etc.).
    Being completely depressed about my situation, I started to try to find natural alternatives. I read on several pages that people affected by MD could have a deficiency in B vitamins, specially B3 or niacin. The B3 vitamin helps the blood to circulate, clearly an important part of my problem (I feel that a part of my head is completely numb and as if it was sleeping form a lack of blood circulation on the side of the affected ear).

Since I have started taking it, my symptoms have decreased dramatically: I have some headaches but my vertigo is almost gone. The first day, I took it, I felt an important pressure in my head, I felt the blood flushing next to the affected ear. I had a few hot flushes too. But so far, I am extremely satisfied.

I wanted to know if anybody has experienced the same thing and wanted to share it with you, if it could also help some of you to alleviate your symptoms.

Niacin, could it be a solution?

4. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Niacin is a peripheral vasodilator and thus has been used in the treatment of peripheral vascular disorders and migraine headaches. It also has a long history in the treatment of some forms of Meniere's Disease. Atkinson (1944a) found that about 50 percent of his (selected) patients reported relatively long-term relief from their tinnitus while under chronic maintenance dosages of nicotinic acid—injections initially, then oral administration.
    As with the Atkinson study, most of the Meniere's patients reported an improvement in their tinnitus.
    Treatments - Tinnitus - NCBI Bookshelf