1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Embarrassing Question

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Finn, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Finn

Finn New Member

Jan 4, 2021
    Hello
    I have a rather embarrassing question but I have to ask. As your Meniere’s attack starts and progresses, do you feel the need to move your bowels or get diarrhea? I do and it’s extreme. I hardly eat anymore so not sure where it is coming from. I feel like everything from 1980s and onward is coming out. lol

I don’t know from which end it will be worse. :(

2. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Yes, I sweat, vomit and crap. Everything since 1980 :(

An explanation that I like is that the brain thinks you might have been poisoned so it tries to get rid of eberything

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Finn

Finn New Member

Jan 4, 2021
    @Donamo

Yes exactly! I was just telling my daughter the same thing! Like my body is purging poison! Wow not glad you have this but I don’t feel so alone now. TY!

4. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Consider it an unsolicited colon cleanse, all for the low price of feeling vertiginous for hours.

It's not an uncommon physiological reaction to stress, or shock. Over the years multiple members have spoken about it. There's nothing to be embarrassed about.

Welcome to the forum, Finn.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Pa Cowboy

Pa Cowboy Member

Mar 17, 2019
    Yup, at my worst it was hurriedly crawling across the floor, pushing the puke bucket, cause I had to get to the bathroom...now.
    Only difference I was purging everything from the 70's!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Similar experience on my side as well. ... as if vertigo wasn’t enough :mad:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. RCS

RCS New Member

Jan 7, 2021
    I also would suggest seeing an allergist. I always felt like inflammation was a major issue. A lot of times I would describe my inner ear as feeling like clenched fist. Allergies cause inflammation, am on a steroid nasal spray and take an allergy pill. Honestly, it doesn't seem to have much of effect, but I am allergic to tree pollen, dust, and cats. I take those medicines for preventative measures.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. BrianG

BrianG New Member

Dec 29, 2020
    I have experienced the need to use the bathroom during a "drop down" episode, as well as nausea. The most frightening thing is the inability to move from the bed, couch or wherever I happen to be.

• Friendly Friendly x 1