1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

What are you watching?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by AnneT, May 20, 2019.

1. Dixie

Dixie New Member

May 6, 2020
    iZombie, Dead to Me, Gilmore Girls, Veronica Mars

I’m into escapism and women protagonists.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    I haven't watched a film for the longest time, I am however anxiously awaiting two:

1) The Little Things.

Denzel Washington is one of my favourite actors. Neo-noir & psychological thriller are two of my favourite genres. The Little Things is a neo-noir crime psychological thriller starring Denzel Washington *chuckles

2) Antlers.

A supernatural horror film starring Keri Russell, based on the short story The Quiet Boy.

True story, Keri Russell & I accidentally head butted one another outside of a hotel foyer somewhere between 75th & 76th street & Broadway when I spent time in NY in my late & awkward teens.

I've had a crush on her ever since.

Hey, Dixie!

Have you seen Santa Clarita Diet, or Ex Machina?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  3. Dixie

Dixie New Member

May 6, 2020
    Hi Nathan. How are you?

My husband and I watched the first two episodes of Santa Clarita Diet tonight after I saw your post earlier. He loves it and I like it; it’s a wee bit too graphically gross for me ( I’m a wuss) but the humour over rides that. Thanks for the suggestion.

we will checkout Ex Machina next.

4. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    I'm well. Ever so slightly disorientated, possibly a little anxious, while simultaneously poised & concentrated due to the broader, fortified landscape of 2020.

In a more local sense, I might be experiencing a slight rebound effect, too, now Victoria has relaxed its epidemiological safety measures.

I feel like a polar bear, mindful of the colouring & thickness of his coat, while navigating a humid & curious jungle.

Though I suppose I've always felt this way, if not similar to *snort

If a polar bear is too pretentious a metaphor, which it probably is, substitute it for a chinstrap penguin, or snow petrel.

You?

5. Dixie

Dixie New Member

May 6, 2020
    Polar bears are cool; not pretentious at all. I know what you mean about the disconnect.

I’m getting by for now, thanks. I live in a province with no leadership; we are going to be in this Covid mess for a long while as we have a number of Neanderthals who demand their freedumbs. They are the current government’s base so they will be allowed to defy the few restrictions that are half arsed in place.

I’m discouraged and worried. It looks like we won’t qualify for the vaccine until fall (your spring) so it’s going to be interesting trying to get out for necessities and the odd sanity break while dodging idiots for several more months. If I make it to the summer, things will perk up as I can be outside all day and never have to meet anyone.

For now as I slog through the winter months I try to count my blessings and find things for which I’m grateful. Some days are easier than others.

Be good to yourself, Nathan

• Like Like x 2
  6. ID

Some of these stories are unbelievable

7. Autumninthefall

Autumninthefall Active Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Dixie, come to Alabama. I can PROMISE you’ll be among the crazy, least safe Covid areas in the country!

8. Dixie

Dixie New Member

May 6, 2020
    Can’t, Autumn, the border is closed for non essential. Thanks for the invite tho. Can I have a rain check?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    The Crown. Enjoyed the first two seasons but struggling with the 3rd.

10. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
  11. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
  12. TexOkie

TexOkie Member

May 7, 2021
    Tulsa, OK