1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

The old org

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Paris 48, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Paris 48

Paris 48 New Member

Sep 4, 2015
    Just wondering if anybody still remembers the old meniers.orgI actually joined about 15 years ago but dont get on here much anymore.It seems very tame now to what it was years ago.I remember some really nice people like dizzy sheba,gardenfish,Marian Albers from the netherlands(passed away) and so many more.Then they where the "others" one stands out,Nassman,boy did he cause a lot of ruckus on the board.like I said,things seem very calm now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Those were some times, I remember. Kinda miss the old Front Porch... got a lot of good memories and laughs out of it all.
    Some funny times, boy you couldn’t take things personally though.

3. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Oh yes I remember very well. We had some pretty heated conversations and a whole lot of laughs. I agree with BD you had to take some conversations with a grain of salt. Some very colorful folks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paris 48

Paris 48 New Member

Sep 4, 2015
    I remember a few,including nassman where eventually banned from the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  5. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I remember that poster. I always thought his name should have been nastyman. Very abusive and deserved to be banned. There were some nice people too, but I don't remember their names. Anyone remember the woman who lived in Australia; she had been a nurse in the U.S. for a while but then returned to Australia.

6. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Ms Guided, or Ms.Guided/MsGuided? Owned chooks? At one stage posted a photograph of her new Ford Focus?

I recall three Australian female members; ImNoScientist, MsGuided (I think that was her handle, I may be wrong), & another who's name escapes me—her avatar featured herself standing by a horse.

7. California Sun

May 23, 2019
    Those names aren't familiar to me at all. She could have been the one who had the horse avatar, but it's been many years and I don't remember.

8. Paris 48

Paris 48 New Member

Sep 4, 2015
    Her name was Maggie,crazy gal but very nice.

9. California Sun

May 23, 2019
    Yes! That's her. I remember her because she told me about the bearded dragons that lived in her yard. (I like reptiles.)

10. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    This may have been before my time. I'm failing to recall a Nassman, for instance.

I remember Wombat, Imnoscientist, Jester/Wino, Intrepid, Melc, FadedRose, Dolfan, Henry, Onedayatatime, Fisherman, Belladonna (?), Coach Betz, Sartsoe, Gina05/Bumblebea, Moodymom, Bird, MsGuided, Karina the Cyclist, mtm, Hollymm, Chrisk, Ninja Tera, Linda, Philosopher, Gustav123, & Lulu.

If I remeber correctly I joined around 2012, or 2013-ish.

11. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    ... and Vicki!

• Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  12. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Yes, & Vicki too!

13. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Nathan do still keep in touch with Intrpid? I remember her well.

14. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Not of late.

We continued our email correspondence for roughly 24 months following her expulsion, however time between replies simply grew & grew, as they often do.

It's been a long while since we've communicated.

15. Paris 48

Paris 48 New Member

Sep 4, 2015
    I remember nursemom who left and started her own forum,so did gardenfisch,probably 10 years ago.So many left because of all the fighting on the forum.

16. Paris 48

Paris 48 New Member

Sep 4, 2015
    Forgot to ask a question,wasn`t Intrepid also called Serena?

17. California Sun

May 23, 2019

The only name out of all of those that I can remember is Linda. I think I originally joined about 18-20 years ago. I didn't stay very long because there was no way at the time to block offensive posters and I just didn't want to deal with them. I rejoined a couple of years ago, found that the forum has changed for the better so here I am.

18. California Sun

May 23, 2019
    I can remember people getting fed up and leaving but didn't know that some of them started their own forums. Then I left. I remember Gardenfish--he was so nice. The last place there should be that kind of nastiness is an illness-related support forum. Someone mentioned Marion Albers--I remember her. Sorry to hear that she has passed on.