1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Frequency Therapuetics - Results

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Mac, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    What results did you get personally on that trial with ebselen?

2. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Not so simple, 17 years already passed after that accomplishment.
    This was in 2003, newly generated hair cells in the mammalian cochlea after Math1 gene transfer:

Regeneration processes in the inner ear of birds have been known now for almost two decades. For reviews on the cell cycle and in vivo regeneration see Cotanche (1999), Smolders (1999), Loewenheim (2002) and Ryan (2003) [113], [114], [115], [116]. Today, the most promising approaches for in vivo regeneration in mammals are related to the exploitation of Math1 (Atoh1). This gene encodes a basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor and is required for the development of hair cells in the cochlea and the vestibular organ [117]. The Math1 gene introduced into the cochlear endolymph of the guinea pig (via an adenoviral vector) leads to the development of ectopic hair cells in the cochlea (Figure 1 (Fig. 1)) [118]. Also, the use of the human homologue Hath1 shows the clearly increased generation of new hair cells in the macula utriculi of the rat [119] compared to earlier reports [120], [121].

Figure 1 (see attached picture)

Ectopic, newly generated hair cells in the mammalian cochlea after Math1 gene transfer

Thus, not only was it possible to generate a significant number of new hair cells in mammalian inner ear with the viral vector-mediated transfer of Math1 and Hath1 [119], but it was also possible to demonstrate for the first time the regeneration of hair cells in mammalian cochlea [118]. In a very recent report it could be demonstrated that Math1 (Atoh1) not only induces regeneration of hair cells but also "…substantially improves hearing thresholds in the mature deaf inner ear after delivery to nonsensory cells through adeno vectors. This is the first demonstration of cellular and functional repair in the organ of Corti of a mature deaf mammal" [122]

Therapy of hearing disorders - conservative procedures

Attached Files:

3. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    Mindosa,

I have no idea what you are talking about. I not referring to mammals. I talking about humans. :)

I've posted plenty on SPI-1005. If you search my posts you will see. You seem a little confrontational so I'll step back. I wish you all the best in your road to recovery...MM is no fun.

Hope Frequency nails Phase 2!

Hope everyone has a great day.

Mac

4. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    I did not know this information and I think that tonight I will sleep happier than ever. Even if it is by 2030, there is a good chance that I will hear well again.

Also if some of the current clinical trials such as those of Otonomy go ahead, which has already registered its treatment for meniere's vertigos as a trademark (so I suppose they already know that they have something that almost certainly works) and the first results for their treatment against tinnitus are positive (still in phase 1) or that the SPI-1005 works which also promises a lot. Who knows? I think this decade promises a lot for the Menieres.

5. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Sorry, no offence, but I want to clarify there. You mentioned:

typically takes 8-12 years before a drug goes from animal trials to FDA approval

That's why I posted that there was a successful animal trial in 2003 and from that moment already passed 17 years.

No confrontation here, just for the information

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  6. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Thanks, I found your post!

For others who didn't see it:
    good news

7. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    If you know it works for you, did you try to get Ebselen after that trial?

After I heard about this trial, I immediately checked the internet about Ebselen availability and it turned out that I need to go an extra mile to get it and it's not cheap.

But after searching the internet more, I found that NAC works similarly to Ebselen and is available and cheap, so I decided to start with NAC first! If it fails, with other methods I am using now, I will try to get Ebselen then.

8. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Sorry to look that way, but I am kind of not so optimistic about new researches, not anymore after my mother got third stage of colon cancer last year. We hear almost every day about science breakthroughs about new methods of treating cancer, but for her treatment was only offered 70-year-old 5-FU chemotherapy!

I thought how it could be, maybe this old treatment protocol is only in our country?! But after research I found out that this treatment protocol for the third stage colon cancer is the same in the US, UK, DE and other advanced countries!

So how could it be that this treatment did not change in 70 years, when everything else had changed dramatically!?

That's why I am not so optimistic about new researches, not anymore..

9. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020

Any update on the NAC? You've been taking it for a month, I think, right? Have you noticed something? Side effects? Thank you

10. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    I started taking NAC (3 gr. a day, no side effect) on 2020 08 29 and a few days ago I started to take it 30 min prior to the food together with the lysine and vitamin C.

From the beginning of July, I started full JOH regime together with the mushrooms, magnesium, B5/B6, pycnogenol and other staff and little bit later also started to wear TMJ appliance and started to take acyclovir.

So from the middle of July I don't have anymore really bad days, but unfortunately, days with 100% free MD symptoms also disappeared. No hearing fluctuations, no more instability, but I am constantly feeling more or less pressure in my ears and other things that drive me crazy.

So I threw everything I had at my MD and something started to work or it seems that it is working prior to taking NAC.

I am still adding something new almost every week, because I am so desperate to save my hearing!

Next week I am going to try Ozone therapy according to this info:

Ozone Ear Insufflation

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. dwaynehoover

dwaynehoover Member

May 13, 2014
    Can you tell us what is 322? Is that Frequency therapeutics trial?

12. dwaynehoover

dwaynehoover Member

May 13, 2014
    Actually, just read confusing results report, says 1 dose helped hearing levels, 4 doses messed up any gains , but confusing. Perhaps they were trying to save their stock which went from $55 in Feb. to $8,68 today. The real truth may go untold. So bad, I was counting on getting some hearing back. They will still move forward with single dose trials.

13. tommm

tommm New Member

Feb 16, 2021
    Norcal
    I can sort of see why they would try multiple injections. They found the drug accumulated in the "high frequency area" which is at the beginning of the cochlea. So put more in and maybe get it to go further back? But what if the low frequency progenitor cells have slightly different receptors than the high frequency cells? The no matter how much you inject it isn't going to work.

14. Mac

Mac Active Member

Oct 23, 2017
    I would not give up on these guys. If you read the report... people were so desperate to get into the trial they were lying on their word recognition scores. I can understand their desperation but it slows down the entire process when you have that occur.

Obviously this product is not designed to give someone perfect hearing who is currently severely impaired. However, we just need one these products to get approved and other companies will see the tremendous profitability of hearing loss solutions. Sadly...it all come down to money as most things do.

Hopefully they rebound on the second round of this trial!!

Stay well.

Mac

• Like Like x 1
  15. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    Anyone heard anything new about the drug in trials at Sound Pharmaceuticals? I check their site periodically but there is no info other than the drug is in Phase 3 trials.