1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Has anyone had unusual vestibular symptoms following a covid vaccine?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by three4rd, Mar 18, 2021.

1. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    Interesting how two different people can read the same thing and perceive it so differently.

2. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    No sleep, tired, est 2 min to write. Excuse poor grammar/structure. Limited time. Apologies.

If vaccine reasoning based on accts @ vestibular.org:

15 comments per page v.org thread. 27 pages. ≈ 405 comments to date. Round TN experiencing dizziness/vertigo to TN of posts. Asm a) all accts state dizinees/vertigo & b) no repeat posters, c) all v.org accts direct result of vaccine (charitable)

Last checked ≈ 33M Americans vaccinated.

405 v.org members confess dizziness/vertigo following vaccine (Asm applied)

405 out of 33000000 ≈ 0.001% (Asm applied)

Covid fatality % of US (example) ≈ 1.8% (John Hopkins)

If reasoning re’ receive/no receive vaccine (vac) based on v.org/v.org comments, US individual more likely to die of COVID-19 if unvac (@ 1.8%) than experience dizziness or vertigo as vac side effect (@ 0.001%)

Concl vaccination logical

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. solari

solari MM.org Janitor Staff Member

Admin Post
    A friendly reminder to keep this cordial and if need be, agree to disagree and move forward. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Claudia Martin

Claudia Martin New Member

Mar 21, 2021
    Yes. Two days after my first vaccine of Pfizer, I started with aural fullness in my right ear. I am bilateral but that’s the ear the Menieres originated in. It’s been two weeks and I’m still having it and tinnitus more towards the end of the day. I usually take my meds and go to bed to sleep it off.

5. Autumninthefall

Autumninthefall Active Member

Aug 10, 2019
    • Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Understood.

How have these trying times found you, Ray?

*Tilts hat from near geographic antipode.

7. Jenski

Jenski New Member

Apr 5, 2020
    I had my J&J one shot vaccine a few weeks ago. I felt tired and had muscle aches for a few hours the next day but no vestibular issues what so ever. I did a little research and found that people were having less side effects from the J&J than the 2 shot vaccines so I went with that one. My ear is currently in a good phase right now after many months of vertigo hell, so that helps too. I had to drive over an hour away to get the J&J vaccine since there were none available in the town I live in. I searched the CVS covid vaccination site until I found an appointment with the J&J vaccine closest to me. J&J is a viral vector vaccine, this type of vaccine has been used for decades unlike the 2 shot mRNA vaccines which are new.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. three4rd

three4rd Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Most interesting, especially the comments on that site - somewhat similar to what is reported on VEDA. I deem it very likely that those who are already prone to vestibular issues (let alone have confirmed problems as most of us here do) will in turn probably have a more pronounced dizziness side effect. Given that dizziness is reported by some who have no prior history of vestibular problems does seem to confirm a link between the vaccines and vestibular irregularities post-injection. Hopefully, in either case, the problems will resolve quickly and with no lingering issues. My main interest in coming here (and a few other sites) was not so much to research if others have experienced dizziness and/or vertigo, but rather the sensation of blockage / fullness / pressure in the ear - left in particular. These latter symptoms are something I've never experienced...at all....before or after being diagnosed with menieres. Since I feel that some of the posts have a bit of a defensive tone to them, I won't pursue this any further, but rather wish everyone well going forward.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. three4rd

three4rd Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Agree completely. I think things were starting to get just a bit 'testy'. Maybe time to close the thread? Seems to have pretty much run its course anyway. As one final comment - I never meant to question the efficacy and practical implications of the need for the vaccine. That goes without saying, and yet I almost got the feeling that the reporting of these (in some cases) most unusual and unique symptoms were construed as some sort of denunciation of the value of getting the vaccine. Sorry if such was the case - at least relative to my posts. Be well everyone. Stay safe.

10. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I agree. Everyone has a right to their own choices and that needs to be respected. Not everyone will agree with another's choices. Beating them over the head about it isn't going to change their mind; it will only make them angry.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    I want you to know the reason I chose to contribute to this thread. I've said what I have in this thread because I care about you, likewise the members of this forum.

If I were indifferent to your wellbeing, I wouldn't have spoken after having learnt of your decision to not be vaccinated.

Be safe, be well.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. Autumninthefall

Autumninthefall Active Member

Aug 10, 2019
    ~You are not wrong. I only know this because I have painstakingly looked up the available scientific data on Pubmed. What side-effect data is available is still only discussed as being *possibly causative, as it will take more than warp speed development/study of ALL of the vaccines(warp meant in literal sense not the political program) before a true safety, and let's not forget efficacy, profile is established.

~I did that elsewhere for the exact same reason. I just rambled...way too much.

This particular topic can be upsetting, regardless of the choice any of us make, and for good reason. Each of us have to make a decision, and neither option is particularly...palatable. We are taught to look at scientific data to make such decisions, but sometimes it's limited, and we have to go with what we know NOW. It's not a comfortable feeling. If you're like me, you may feel like you have to, "pick your poison." I have made a choice, and I explained it elsewhere.

I wrote all of the above to say I understand that each of you is speaking from a place of care and concern on this topic. Your care and concern for one another, ultimately carries over into care and concern for everyone on the forum. Thank you for looking out, guys.

Stay safe, everyone. Whatever your choice, I support/respect it. This isn't easy. Please keep us posted on how you are feeling during these times.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    I got my second shot last Wednesday. I have a small lump at the injection site and it's red and warm to the touch, just like the first time. Wednesday night I went to bed wrapped in a fleece blanket due to chills. By Thursday afternoon I was feeling fine. Even though I had Covid back in November, I'm still glad I got vaccinated and that it's all over with.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Heh, a scene from Jaws comes to mind;

Quint - Hooper, what exactly can you do with these things of yours?

Hooper - Well, I think I can pump 20 cc's of strychnine nitrate into him, if I can get close enough.

Quint - You get this little needle through his skin?

Hooper - No. I can't do that. But if I can get him close enough to this cage, I think I can get him in the mouth or…

Martin - That shark will rip that cage to pieces!

Hooper - YOU GOT ANY BETTER SUGGESTIONS?!

God I love that film. I wouldn't be surprised if I've watched it over a thousand times.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. bob_

bob_ New Member

Oct 21, 2018
    For what it’s worth, I’ve been vaccinated and didn’t experience any vestibular effects.

I had the Novavax vaccine as part of their vaccine trial. Two shots. Highly recommended.

• Winner Winner x 2