1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Thought I was doing good...

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Denise Rene, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Denise Rene

Denise Rene New Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Wichita, KS
    I haven’t been here in a while but I am back. My vertigo and pain, mostly brushing noises, had been happening in the winter for three years. This year I had one day of issues. I was so happy. Was... Now, I have brushing noise every day, pain everywhere (probably the fibromyalgia), and I am wiped out halfway through the day. I can tell the sound difference between my ears, right one is much lower, and I wake up with aches all over. This battle is hard as hell but I’m trying.
    I pray for all of us and dream of an end to this nonsense.

2. SurferGirl

SurferGirl Member

Nov 7, 2020
    Dear Denise....I can hear the frustration and sadness in your post and pray you can somehow some relief. I have had 2 inner ear steriod injections which has seemed to help with the constant and, sometimes, debilitating vertigo. The tinnitus is a constant presence but only becomes loud and quicker the days the vertigo is or is going to be a problem. I had a series of 3 injection Nov-Dec 2020 which somewhat worked, so this is my 2nd go round with the series, Feb and March. Dr. wants to hold off on the 3rd injection to see how long the 2nd injection will ward off the severe vertigo attacks. The problem with Meniere's and the various symptoms is, it comes and goes...at least it did for me in the beginning, starting in 2003. Now it is contant. I have better days where I feel somewhat normal, and not-so-good days when I must stay close to home. Thankfully I am 72 years old with no responsibilities and have a supportive husband who has learned to deal with these ups and downs. I am so very sorry you are going through this. It is HELL...

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Denise Rene

Denise Rene New Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Wichita, KS
    Surfer Girl... yes, I am frustrated. I really was feeling better, doing better...

I forgot to mention the low grade tinnitus. It is continuous and I put on music or the tv to balance it out. Not as noticeable that way. My husband is wonderful and so supportive. He understands my bad days and will make dinner, give me a blanket, get a drink for me... He makes things better.

I have not had injections or labys... not wanting to do any of that at this point. I will be 52 this month so I'm sure I still have a long road to go. Prayers to you.

4. three4rd

three4rd Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Denise...I can completely relate to the frustration as well. Hang in there and I hope that you get some relief from the symptoms you describe. This thing is no fun but try to stay positive. I didn't have a real good day today but remembered something I read here (I think) which is to try our best to not let meniere's stop us from doing the things we truly enjoy. If I keep busy doing things on days when I don't feel as well, it really does help mentally divert myself from thinking about how crappy I might be feeling. Certainly the level of pain - as you describe - however, is not an easy thing to ignore.

5. three4rd

three4rd Member

Apr 6, 2016
    How are things going today??? Any better??