1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Meniere's remission-- due to JOH regime or Covid vaccine!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by starmanj, Feb 9, 2021.

1. starmanj

starmanj New Member

Dec 6, 2020
    Has anybody gone into remission like I have? After 7 debilitating months with Meniere's, getting worse every week, my symptoms have suddenly disappeared.
    - I've been on John of Ohio (JOH)'s regime for a month.
    - I received my 2nd COVID vaccine shot last week.
    The second shot had a fairly mild reaction, left Meniere's ear was inflamed the next day.
    But within two days, I wake up every morning with no fullness/vertigo/etc symptoms. I've even tested it by full-on going off Meniere's diet-- lots of salt, sugar, alcohol-- that would normally put me down in bed for two days.
    SO remission was caused by 1) JOH regime working after a month or 2) Pfizer vaccine killing or knocking back HSV-1 in my ears.

Has anyone else gone into remission AFTER having both COVID shots??

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Hi- Well congratulations on your 2nd shot and your Meniere's good news. As was mentioned in this thread Covid/Vaccine I actually had a mild attack after mine and June had some temporary issues too.

It's a weird disease. It could be JOH, it could be just chance. My advice to you would be to continue eating and JOH as if you still had it. That is not easy to do. I don't follow that advice very well but I'm sure it would be a good idea LOL. I'm like a politician that tells you to cut your emissions and your carbon footprint but then jets off in a private jet to pick up his enviromentallist award. :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. starmanj

starmanj New Member

Dec 6, 2020
    I know it's a long shot, but I thought maybe Pfizer's vaccine hits HSV which can cause Meniere's...
    For some reason I'm much better!

• Like Like x 1
  4. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    Let's see how I explain to my doctor that I want to try the ptizer vaccine because I read a Meniere in a forum that it worked for him. :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Actually, wasn't that the day you had your brown socks on first and then changed to the black ones? With this disease, you never know ....... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. starmanj

starmanj New Member

Dec 6, 2020
    I'm just looking for correlations, not suggesting anybody do anything.

It's just very strange.

7. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I dont think it is impossible that there is a relationship at all. Menieres is a disease of the immune system. The covid vaccine, like all vaccines, is monkeying around with the immune system. That is why many feel ill for a day or two after the second shot. It is making our immune system get up and do something and the response doesn’t just kill the covid virus. I think it is equally possible that the good effect is temporary. When the body settles down, Menieres may go back to it’s old ways. Or not. Menieres is known to respond in a bad way to allergies and a good way to allergy treatment because they are both connected to the immune system. I agree with Donamo, don’t push your luck. Even if ignoring your diet is not the reason symptoms come back you will think it is and you don’t need the guilt. Enjoy your freedom from symptoms and use the opportunity to see if you see other possible triggers, perhaps food or environmental, as time goes by.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Rhall

Rhall New Member

Sep 28, 2020
    I've had both Pfizer vaccines (Dec 18 & Jan 8) and no change in my symptoms but I am about to start the JOH regime (just got my vitamins yesterday) so I'm hoping that will help.

9. SurferGirl

SurferGirl Member

Nov 7, 2020
    Thank you for sharing your story...Any encouragement and freedom from symptoms, if only temporary, is a good thing. I wish you continued success.

• Like Like x 1
  10. yellowboy

yellowboy Active Member

Jul 11, 2020
    I got my first Moderna shot yesterday. I would put disinfectant in my body if I thought it would help o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Liezel

Liezel New Member

Feb 14, 2021
    I had my 2nd shot of Pfizer vaccine feb 5th. After 8 hours, had a very bad vertigo, just like when I had my first one 10 yrs ago... I'm ok now, but it scared me...

12. Betsy

Betsy New Member

Apr 17, 2021
    Hi. New to this forum. I had the opposite happen. About a month after my second covid vaccination (Pfizer), I had a recurrence of Meniere's symptoms (fullness, roaring, sound sensitivity, no vertigo- yet) after more than ten years of remission. Just wondering if there might be a correlation???

13. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    Ive gone through remissions from time to time sometimes up to a year. Seems to always come back and trust me I’ve tried everything. With that said there are some here who have benefitted from their treatments so just keep on doing what your doing. If it works and gives you relief then keep going if it doesn’t then its back to the drawing board. That’s how this thing goes sometimes. Keep your head up and stay strong best you can do for yourself. Good luck!