1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Feeling Miserable....

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Ftmomof3, May 8, 2021.

1. Ftmomof3

Ftmomof3 New Member

Oct 4, 2019
    I’ve had so many remissions, lived my life free and happy but it always comes back...when I least expect but I kept notes and comes back once a year around Spring and Fall. I just didn’t keep notes on how long it lasts each time :(
    current symptoms:
    Loud Tinnitus on bad ear, mild on good ear, dissorted hearing, dizziness, fullness in both ears. FEAR of being bilateral.
    When is it gonna stop?:(

2. Rubygirl

Rubygirl Member

Oct 4, 2020
    Are you doing anything actively to keep it away? Are you on any type of program or diet or medication or supplementation regime?

3. Ftmomof3

Ftmomof3 New Member

Oct 4, 2019
    I have Ativan for my very very bad days, I really don’t like to take it on regular basis.

I am on Claritin (I dont think its doing anything) B5,B6 and about to start B12, workout daily....

I think the good ear is acting up.

4. Rubygirl

Rubygirl Member

Oct 4, 2020
    If this has been going on for years then I don't think you can expect anything to change without doing something more in your daily life. And yes, many of us have noticed things act up seasonally which can be related to changes in our immune system.

Anyway examples of things that many people on these forums are doing and finding success (more than one may apply):
    • Keeping sodium to 1500mg-2000mg/day. Read your labels, ditch the salt shaker and use sparingly in your own cooking. Avoid processed foods as they are loaded with sodium.
    • Ever get a cold sore? For sure check out the John of Ohio Regimen on these forums. And avoid high arginine foods (find lists online) or ones that don't have a near 1:1 ratio with lysine.
    • Get yeast infections? Read about Candida imbalance in the gut as this can cause loads of issues but definitely affects the immune system.
    • Avoid any foods you know you are allergic or sensitive to

Anyway, these forums contain a lot of info that you may find useful but I think most of us on here would agree that your day to day diet plays a huge part in how you will feel and then various natural supplements are useful as well.

5. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    When the tinnitus is loud, it seems to rattle around my entire head making it hard to nail down which ear. I sufffer from MAV and Menieres. Treating the MAV made my vertigo go away and made life return to a somewhat normal state. When I do flare up, the tinnitus increases, I experience hyperacusis in my bad ear. This is usually associated with me being bad with regards to my migraine diet. I never beleived I had MAV cus I never got headaches. I failed to realize the vertigo was the substitute for head pain. My oto/neuro doc was running prep tests on me for a laby when he concluded I was having migraine issues. 25mg per day of Topiramate and the Buchholz diet changed my life for the better.

6. Adriana Vogle

Adriana Vogle New Member

Apr 5, 2021
    I
    Know the feeling all too well. I
    Managed over 19 years with right ear Meniere. Vertigo went away after first few years. Hearing got bad and little
    Ringing hear and there. Few times a year flair ups but left ear being good made it so much better. Fast forward now last 6 months my fears of bilateral came true. Out of no where left ear begins with symptoms and both ears having tinnitus is driving me crazy. I can’t afford to lose hearing in my left ear and dealing with this tinnitus different frequency each ear is painful. I just begin SERC
    Since the water pill didn’t seem to be helping and received my first steroid injection in my right ear but so far no relief Well
    I do have a few goos days in Between but this tinnitus and fullness is miserable

7. Biffer

Biffer Member

Aug 6, 2020
    The fact that it comes in Spring and Fall (same with me) always made me think that allergies might be a trigger. I rarely get symptoms in the winter. I recently went to an allergist (on my ENT's recomendation) and found out I'm allergic to everything except dogs.... go figure. But my worst allergies are to dust and to pollen. So my ENT has suggested I take a clariton every day (on top of all the other stuff I take) and so far so good. Anyway, it might be something for you to look into if you haven't already.