1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Morning Fog

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by TexOkie, May 12, 2021.

1. TexOkie

TexOkie Member

May 7, 2021
    Tulsa, OK
    Every morning for several years now, I wake up with a morning fog that lasts until around 10:00 AM. I always chalked it up to being older (I’m 69) and to my triple bypass surgery that I had 15 years ago. When I say fog, I’m really talking about mild to concerning confusion. Some mornings I find myself nearly unable to function and barely know where I am.

This morning when I woke up in a state of mild confusion, dizzy and hey, there is a fullness feeling in my left ear. I can’t recall if the fullness is there every morning, but I also I can’t recall if it’s not.

Could this fog be a symptom of Menieres?

2. jaypr

jaypr Member

May 12, 2014
    liverpool uk
    Yes it can be. Just like other ailments for example stress and pain. The mind is concentrating on other things that are dominating. Can also be a tight neck or shoulders affecting blood flow to the brain

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. jaypr

jaypr Member

May 12, 2014
    liverpool uk
    Forgot to add medications can cause brain fog. Pain medications and acid inhibitors. You could try relaxing your shoulders. I often find that my shoulders are raised and I didn't realise it. The Alexander technique is also good to try

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1