1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Supplements and OTC Meds?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Ftmomof3, May 8, 2021.

1. Ftmomof3

Ftmomof3 New Member

Oct 4, 2019
    Has anyone tried Lipo Flavonoids or Tinnitus relief Over the counter things and it worked?

2. Adriana Vogle

Adriana Vogle New Member

Apr 5, 2021
    I did for like a month.
    IYou have to take so many a day and it’s expensive- one doctor told
    Me not worth it but at this point especially for tinnitus you want to try anything. I think it’s worth trying for at least 3 months to see.

3. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020
    I take lipo flavonoids from john of ohio method. But only 2 capsules per day

4. yellowboy

yellowboy Active Member

Jul 11, 2020
    All the over the counter junk is hocus pocus - only works financially for the companies that rip you off selling them - don't waste your money.

5. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    Well, inasmuch as the components of my Meniere's regimen involves, uses only "over the counter junk," does that mean that the hundreds of people who have gained significant relief from Meniere's symptoms with it are just faking it? Worked for me, now for more than 15 years. I have personal accounts from over 230 who have gotten relief. The regimen has shown that it works for about 83% of those who diligently try it. All with the specific "over the counter" supplements.

Can you provide any data substantiating your contention that over the counter supplements are "junk?"

--John of Ohio

• Like Like x 2
  6. yellowboy

yellowboy Active Member

Jul 11, 2020
    I was referring to the OTC items like Lipo Flavinoid that guarantee to relive tinnitus. Many studies out there that say they don't work at all.

7. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020
    Well in my case. My tinittus was crazy but since i used the JOH supplements the sound is not crazy. And the fullness dissappear and the dizziness feeling or heavy head. What i want to know if the deafness is progressive with the disease or if only when we got a vertigo attack, bc my doctor said that to me. In every attack we loss hearing sense

8. yellowboy

yellowboy Active Member

Jul 11, 2020
    when you say sound are you talking about the tone ? to me tinnitus is tinnitus, doesn't matter the tone, I JUST WANT IT TURNED OFF !!!

9. TexOkie

TexOkie Member

May 7, 2021
    Tulsa, OK
    I sent the list of vitamins to my cardiologist and she said that I was good to go with the exception of the Ginko. She said it was a stimulant that I didn’t need. She had previously taken me off caffeine and salt, so I wasn’t surprised about the Ginko. I’m placing an order today and will start the regimen once it arrives.

10. Justme77

Justme77 New Member

Feb 8, 2020
    Ginko is a stimulant? I didn't know that! That's probably why I couldn't sleep the other night after I took it before going to bed. Thanks!

11. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    The quoted post has no serious basis to it. “All OTC junk is hocus pocus”??? Seriously??? I can attest to the JOH regimine helping to releive my symptoms for two years. While it did not cure my issues, it certainly lessened the severity of symptoms while i tracked down my root cause. I would conclude the above post to be nonsense as the joh supplements certainly improved my quality of life.

12. TexOkie

TexOkie Member

May 7, 2021
    Tulsa, OK
    Received my shipment from Vitacost today.

13. Robert S

Robert S Member

Jun 12, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Can anyone (especially JOH) tell me about adjusting the JOH regimen during their process. I’ve only been on it for 2+ weeks so it's too early to know and I’m introducing the supplements slowly as suggested. I was wondering if/when it might make sense to up the dosage of the Lysine? Any thoughts or experience is much appreciated.

14. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    Two weeks is in almost all cases too short a time period for either the lysine or other elements of the regimen to produce any results. Stay with the recommended dosages for at least two months. If no symptomatic reductions, increase the lysine an additional 500 ml per day, for about three weeks. At three-week intervals, continue to increase the lysine dose by 500 ml until symptoms begin to regress, or you hit 5000 mg/day. In either case, continue with the lysine for several more months. Lysine does not act quickly; worth persisting with it.

--John of Ohio

15. Robert S

Robert S Member

Jun 12, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Thanks, John (JOH). I’m following the regimen carefully and adding in new supplements after 4-5 days with no issues. So far all is fine. The only issue was a drop in blood pressure as I simultaneously gave up caffeine after decades. Thanks for your input!

16. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020
    My ingestion of lysine is 8000 mg per day.

17. Robert S

Robert S Member

Jun 12, 2021
    Los Angeles
    I’m only a month into the JOH regimen but have slowly added all the supplements. I’m taking 3000mg/day now. How long have you been on it and what have you noticed in the process? Are you taking the other supplements too?

18. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Would someone please point me to data indicating safe dosing of lysine above 3000 mg per day. I cant find anything.
    Thanks.

19. cindiefrap

cindiefrap New Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Florida
    I think it actually took me a couple of months and then about month 6 I noticed no tinnitus (hallelujah). Now it’s to the point where I can tell I’d I don’t take the lemon bioflavonoids.