1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Maybe misdiagnosed with Meniere’s

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by TexOkie, Jun 10, 2021.

1. TexOkie

TexOkie Member

May 7, 2021
    Tulsa, OK
    I may not have Meniere’s after all. I had an echocardiogram done last week. It came back with severe regurgitation of the pulmonary valve. The symptoms are:
    • Fatigue
    • Difficulty breathing, especially when exercising or engaging in other intense physical activity
    • Fainting or dizziness
    • Heart murmur
    • Arrhythmia
    • Palpitations, or rapid or irregular heartbeats
    • Chest pain, including pressure, squeezing and tightness
    • Swelling in the feet or legs
    • Bluish lips or nails
    On the list I see dizziness, check. Chest pain, check. Swelling, check. So I’ve got three of the symptoms and an Echo that says it’s my heart causing some of my issues. I still have the fullness in the ear, hearing loss in the same ear and tinnitus in both. Next week an MRI of my heart. Tomorrow, an ENT appointment.
    Who knows, maybe I’ve got both. How does a guy get so lucky?

2. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    LMAO! This forum is full of “lucky” folks Tex. You fit in here just fine. I have Menieres, MAV, left ear gone, right ear at 50%, pituitary tumor that needs to come out soon, atrial fibrulation and God only knows what else. I still feel lucky.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. TexOkie

TexOkie Member

May 7, 2021
    Tulsa, OK
    Just returned from the ENT. She looked at the extensive testing I had a year ago and told me that I definitely do not have Meniere’s but I do have Vestibular issues that are manifesting as visual problems and is the source of the tinnitus and the balance problems.

I guess I’ll be taking my leave of this forum since I won’t have anything to contribute. You’ve been a great bunch, I’ve appreciated my stay here.

Now what to do with all these vitamins?

Goodbye good folks and good luck with your Meniere’s.

4. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I believe it’s good news it’s not MD.
    Good luck to you Tex. Take care

5. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    Good luck Tex!

6. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    You have already contributed by letting people know they need to keep an open mind and work with their doctor to make sure they have the big picture. Good luck going forward!

• Like Like x 1