1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

I need help with my own diagnosis please

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Sevn87, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Sevn87

Sevn87 New Member

Jun 11, 2021
    I was diagnosed with vestibular neuritis 9 months ago. Since then I have experienced vestibular attacks some smaller and some bigger. During a bad one I experience stress, fatigue, anxiety, and slighlty dizzy but mostly I just want to throw up. I can stand my ground and the intensity goes away in a few minutes. The thing is during a bad one my ear does feel full and tight and squeezes sometimes i get neck pain and head pressure. The tinnitus was not part of the attacks however the doctor gave me ear tubes and I suffered hearing loss and tinnitus after the tubes. Now tubes are out and hearing came back but still some hissing tinnitus. Did anyone have smaller light episodes with no hearing loss or tinnitus at the beginning of menieres?

Also the ear fullness takes months to subside and lately I mostly deal with nausea and fatigue as this happens

P.S Doctors are leaning towards meneires now, I was thinking vestibular migraines

2. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Hi Sevn87
    I am sorry to hear you are going through all of this.
    I had loads of severe vertigo attacks in my life (very few light ones) and I should have been left with no or hardly any hearing according to the books. However my hearing is still good and has not changed. (Lucky me!)
    When it comes to ear fullness it always subsided straight after an attack.
    I hope doctors will be able to find the answer to your problems. All the best!!

3. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Have you read “Heal your Headache” ? Have you kept a diary of what you do every day, what you eat ever day and your symptoms every day? This can be helpful so you can look back and see correlations. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    I agree with June. Best $10 i ever spent as it changed my life for the better.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Onedayatatime

Onedayatatime Active Member

Nov 22, 2016
    Heal Your Headache is written by David Buchholz.

6. Sevn87

Sevn87 New Member

Jun 11, 2021
    Thanks for the replies I am trying to adjust my diet, still obsessing over this diagnosis. I have no doubt I am suffering from VM but I am not sure if I have MD. My attacks are basically a few minutes and I am also able to walk and move around during them. The ear fullness is there but not the hearing loss or tinnitus. Trying to get in to see a neurologist