1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Just starting diuretics today

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Hawk95, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Hawk95

Hawk95 New Member

Jun 16, 2021
    One of the side effects is dizziness. That is all I need. The tinnitus, ear fullness and hearing loss are driving me bonkers!!! I am never sure when an attack is going to happen. I sometimes take meclizine just in case. I feel like my ear is a pressure cooker. In a way, an attack might help. Fortunately, I work from home right now. I am not new to Meniere’s - have had it for many, many years. The neurologist has ordered an MRI and ENG. I had an ENG years ago and it was normal. I have had MRI’s before. My normal ear showed something wonky. My hearing is okay in that ear though. I am trying not to be depressed and have anxiety but it is hard. I hate this #@@@ disease.

2. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    I feel you everyday is torture for me too. My worst symptom is the tinnitus. It is currently driving me insane.
    If you need quick relief from the tinnitus or are ready to jump out a window about 2mg of Klonopin make it bearable.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    i have it bilateral,as well, with the left ear the worst affected. It stops me from sleeping, affects my work, my mood, my sanity, it’s truly sad. The one good thing is that the vertigo episodes are very few. However the constant ear fullness and tinnitus are there all the time. The tinnitus seems to get worse and worse after each vertigo attack and I have no idea why?

4. Bobby Smith

Bobby Smith New Member

Apr 1, 2021
    Sorry to hear! When my tinnitus first started I couldn't hear it til I went to bed and it got quiet. Now I can hear it over everything. I went deaf in my right ear!

5. Bobby Smith

Bobby Smith New Member

Apr 1, 2021
    What's sad, even when deaf you still have the tinnitus. Or I do anyways!

6. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    You are correct. And same with me. When the tinnitus first started I barely even noticed it at bed time, but boy has that changed. My hearing is still good in both ears. I have a mild (almost moderate) loss in the left ear at 250 and 500hz, otherwise the rest of the spectrum is within normal limits. The right ear has a borderline loss at 250hz but otherwise feels fine, except for tinnitus. Right now I just got 4 shots of dexamethasone into my ear and am on 40mg of prednisone to calm things down.

7. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    This is one disease that won’t kill you but will make you wish you were dead. I feel your pain. I can’t sleep from the tinnitus, I lost about 20lbs, my job is suffering, my sanity is suffering and I can’t concentrate anymore because of the tinnitus. The ear fullness is annoying but doesn’t really bother me and the vertigo doesn’t happen often. Even the hearing loss doesn’t bother me! But that tinnitus is a beast! Klonopin helps to quiet the ringing if that’s what’s bothering you? However, it’s easy to abuse it.

8. Star

Star New Member

Jun 9, 2021
    A couple of weeks ago I started diuretics too. It helped but I had to stop after a week because it made my blood pressure too low and I was about to pass out with minimal activity. Good luck. I hope it helps you.

9. Hawk95

Hawk95 New Member

Jun 16, 2021
    I have to say that I do notice some difference in my tinnitus since starting the diuretics. It may be too soon since it has been only 4 days. I am not feeling as dizzy from it as I was. I feel like this is a small amount of progress. It is still ringing but not as full as it was.

10. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    what does your tinnitus sound like? Is it a ring, hiss, roar, something else entirely?

11. Biffer

Biffer Member

Aug 6, 2020
    Along with diuretics I also take a product called "Clear Sinus and Ear", a steroid nasal spray and an allergy pill. I am determined to keep the ear fullness at bay!!! It's been working for a year now. The tinitus... well, I've had it for 20 years and just live with it. I've had a lot of permanent hearing loss thanks to the ear fullness on and off and the tinitus replaces the hearing or so I'm told. I'm figuring that's here for life. It's still better than the full on vertigo. Anything is better than that.

I didn't know there were different sounds to tinitus? Mine is like locusts, or crickets. Like being out in a new england field in fall... only all the time.

12. Hawk95

Hawk95 New Member

Jun 16, 2021

13. Hawk95

Hawk95 New Member

Jun 16, 2021
    It is a constant hum, bell. It is so annoying!!!

14. Hawk95

Hawk95 New Member

Jun 16, 2021
    I felt this way this morning. I am so depressed!!!

15. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    How long have you had Ménière’s for?