1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

newly diagnosed with questions

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Kim1101, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Pa Cowboy

Pa Cowboy Member

Mar 17, 2019
    Corn, you sound like a good candidate for Antivirals

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Corn

Corn New Member

Jun 26, 2021
    I was put on Acyclovir for 10 days in May 2 times. I think I should be on them longer. I have been researching this and I think it is probably cause by the herpes zoster . I’m just in the learning and accepting stage. I have reduced my salt intake slowly though. What do people mean when I should watch “ triggers “ ? Do need I need to pay action to what causes vertigo like food or physical things such as certain movements for example. I don’t have vertigo or nausea. Just tinnitus, hearing loss , sometimes lightheaded and pressure in ear.( all the time )

3. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    You need feet
    Your never had vertical once?

4. Corn

Corn New Member

Jun 26, 2021
    I did have a few episodes of vertigo every once in a while over the past 15 years. Like getting eyes would get weird black and white checkerboard patterns . A little dizzy but nothing major. Would last about 10 to 15 minutes then all was back to normal. No headache or tiredness. I just assumed i didn’t eat enough that day . Never really worried me too much. I hardly ever went to the doctor only I was serverely sick. So this is diagnosis is real shocker to my mental health. Because it came on so quickly with hearing loss , ear pressure and noise sensitivity. Four months again I was normal,

5. Corn

Corn New Member

Jun 26, 2021
    Meant to say 4 months ago I was perfectly fine health wise. I think stress got to me after I heard I have to have cataract surgery

6. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    My vertigo is so bad it feels like I am inside a washing machine. Luckily it doesn’t happen too often.

7. Corn

Corn New Member

Jun 26, 2021
    I’m really sorry to hear that. Sure makes you want just throw in the towel ! You still go to work because I can’t imagine how people go to work and deal with this . And the noise sensitivity, WOW there are quite a few strong people on this forum, nobody wants to give up .

8. david2salsero

david2salsero Member

Oct 28, 2017
    San Jose
    As many have recommended here on this forum, the advice should be to visit with Otolaryngologist/Neurotogist that specializes in Ménière’s. Not many around to be honest. I’m curious how you were diagnosed? What did they base their decision on?

9. Corn

Corn New Member

Jun 26, 2021
    I was referred to an ENT in my city ( basically in the middle of the Canadian prairie),. I had 2 hearing tests done 2 monrhs apart and a CT scan. Hearing got worse in the affected in the second test, scheduled to have another on Juły 20. I was but on prednisone for 10 days this time around. And my direutics increased to 40 mg/ day on Serc ( 24 mg ) 3 times a day. And on antidepressants now too

10. Bahamasoutloud

Bahamasoutloud New Member

Jul 10, 2021
    I was just newly diagnosed and I had shingles about 5 years ago then COVID last fall with a lot of personal stress in between. I'm trying to figure all this out as well. Glad I found this forum. I am just now coming off the high dose steroids but will stay on the diuretic. Steroids helped at first but now the tinnitus and pressure are back. Has anyone had improvement in symptoms with the low salt diet?

11. Corn

Corn New Member

Jun 26, 2021
    I just got finished with my second round of prednisone which I took for 10 days. Am on betahistine and direutic too. Don’t really notice too much of an improvement in ear pressure or tinnitus because I’m so new to this . I think the weather plays a big part . I also have Eustachian tube blockage so I take steroid spray twice a day

12. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    prednisone didn’t do much for my tinnitus. Betahistine isn’t available in my country.

13. Bahamasoutloud

Bahamasoutloud New Member

Jul 10, 2021
    So I just got back from a trip to the Bahamas and it seemed like things were getting better while I was there. Then the very next day after I got back my tinnitus flared up again and has been back for 3 days straight. I guess I need to go back to the Bahamas. HA!! I'm guessing my week of being off a low salt diet, some alcohol consumption and heat may have not been the smartest decision. Then our travel day back to the states was a really long, hot and stressful day. Ive got to track all my activities and see what might be a trigger. Just trying to figure all this out....

14. Robert S

Robert S Member

Jun 12, 2021
    Los Angeles
    What steroid spray do you use for the Eustachian tube issues?

15. Corn

Corn New Member

Jun 26, 2021
    I use a generic version of nasonex . Same formulation and ingredients but half the price.

16. bob_

bob_ New Member

Oct 21, 2018
    I'm using generic flonase

• Like Like x 1
  17. yellowboy

yellowboy Active Member

Jul 11, 2020
    Is this used in the nose or ears ?