1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Newly Diagnosed/searching for answers

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bahamasoutloud, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Bahamasoutloud

Bahamasoutloud New Member

Jul 10, 2021
    I am a healthy, or so I thought, active 49 year old that has just been diagnosed about 3 weeks ago and my world has been rocked. I'm trying to navigate through all this but it's been very frustrating to say the least. I'm ending my 3 week high dose of steroids tomorrow but will remain on the diuretic. It started with hearing loss in my left ear and by the next morning the vertigo hit. I really thought the steroids would help and they did at first but now the tinnitus and pressure is back in my left ear and now my right ear seems to be affected. I am also having a lot of trouble with brain fog and concentration and at times I have trouble articulating what I want to say. Has anyone else had these issues? Help!

2. Corn

Corn New Member

Jun 26, 2021
    I too was diagnosed around the same time as you. Ear pressure , hearing loss in left ear, tinnitus no vertigo or naseau. I thought I was healthy too. Occasionally cold /flu and such. Did though get shingles 4 years ago on the left side where my now affected ear is. But otherwise never really went to the doctor or took meds. Very strange.

3. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    Are your doctors setting up MRIs for you, to rule out tumours, acoustic neuromas, etc?

4. Corn

Corn New Member

Jun 26, 2021
    I had an MRI this past Friday. Not for everyone that experience but got through it. I did have a CT scan already . Apparently neede a better look but I also read here that it’s a standard procedure by ENTs. At I didn’t have to wait too long for one

5. Bahamasoutloud

Jul 10, 2021
    I am calling my doctor back tomorrow and tell him to go ahead and order an MRI because I have really struggled this weekend with tinnitus and ear feeling full again.

6. Bahamasoutloud

Jul 10, 2021
    I had shingles behind my left shoulder blade and ended up with left arm nerve issues, all better now. I'm not sure if that is a factor in my left ear hearing loss. For some reason, and I could be wrong, I was thinking that the spinal nerves crossed over at the cervical spine affecting the opposite side of the body. I can't remember. I really think all my symptoms were brought on by covid(causes inflammation in multiple body organs) and stress. It was interesting that I also had a crazy allergy/head cold a few weeks prior to the initial hearing loss.

7. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    Same boat as you. It’s miserable I’m going to the doctor today, actually. Just had steroid shots

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cardinals12

Cardinals12 New Member

Jul 13, 2021
    Im having the same issue as you. Also have a numb feeling in my head. Is this common?

9. Bahamasoutloud

Jul 10, 2021
    I think it's all related. Seems worse when my tinnitus is acting up and the roaring starts in my head.

10. No thanks

No thanks Member

Jul 27, 2017
    The virus that causes shingles is related to the virus that MAY cause menieres in some people. Antivirals have helped many people on this forum. There are many posts about this - search through the posts for info on this.

• Like Like x 1