1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

To All the Recent Newbies (July 2021)

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Donamo, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    One more thing on the diet aspect. MSG. I remember a driving trip to Florida and we were trying to eat healthy due to my MD. We stopped at Wendy's all the way down for their chicken salad item and I had a miserable time. It was only later, maybe after reading The Book, I realized MSG was a trigger for me. It is in almost everything, in varying amounts, that you don't cook yourself. Even the barbeque chickens at the grocery store.

2. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Donamo and others are absolutely right. Try everything, persevere and you might find the answer.
    I also tried everything: high does of Vit C leading to diarrhoea, Heal Your Headache, JOH, antivarials (well… as doctors in the UK would not prescribe those. I ordered some from China- to be honest only God knows if they very real or fake) Nothing made a difference. Then I tried Monolaurin (There are many threads here on it) and it significantly reduced the frequency of my attacks (from 3-4 per week to 1 per 4 to 6 weeks)
    However attacks still were a part of my life. I also took Betahistine prescribed by a doctor- no joy.Lastly I had my EDB surgery that gave me my life back. I need to mention that I have always been a healthy and fit person (apart from MD) leading a healthy life style.
    As for tinnitus, you have to accept it. It never goes away and brain fog does pay its visits from time to time. Hearing fluctuates which I got used to.
    If you look for your answer you will definitely find it. If not one way then another.
    Good luck!

3. Punture

Punture Member

Sep 4, 2021
    Hey Donamo,

what was the regimen you were on for famvir? I am currently on valacyclovir but since I don’t seem to be having much improvement was thinking of switching it.
    Thanks

4. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Well, back when I first started AVs, I was taking 6 250mg Famvir a day. That may not be a great idea but it didn't seem to do me any harm. I now consider 3 X 250 as a full dosage, comparable to 3 X 1000 Valcyclovir. Please be aware I have no true medical knowledge regarding these things.