1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Meniere after Covid

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Korya13, Sep 2, 2021.

1. Korya13

Korya13 New Member

Sep 2, 2021
    Hello everybody!
    English is not my language, so sorry if I write something wrong).
    In April 2020, I was ill with covid19, the disease was not severe, but after that month there was weakness, in May I had already fully recovered.
    In July 2020 (3 months after covid), at work, I suddenly felt a strong weakness and after 10 minutes a strong vertigo suddenly began, it lasted about 5 hours, I vomited a lot and thought that I was poisoned by food. I did not pay attention to the fact that the ear was completely blocked due to the fact that I go to the sea every morning and I thought it was sea water.
    Only when, after 2 weeks, the vertigo recurred, I began to look for the cause and finally realized that it was Meniere.
    I went to the ENT, he sent me for a hearing test and it turned out that the hearing in the left ear decreased slightly at high frequencies. I also did ENG and it showed a vestibular lesion of 35% in the left ear.
    My ENT first decided that it was not Ménière, probably because of the reduction at high frequencies and told me not to eat a lot of salt and maybe it will pass.
    But the attacks did not stop and I began to look for answers myself and found various forums and realized that it was most likely a virus.
    I was sick with mononucleosis in 2011 and since then there is always a viral load in my blood tests.
    I tried lysine + vitamin C + monolaurin and after a couple of days large red spots appeared on my hand (the virus began to die and poison the body) and after 2 weeks all the symptoms stopped. I continued the regimen for another 3 months and then when everything was over, I stopped.
    In February of this year, I had severe stress and the symptoms returned, I started the regimen with lysine and vitamins again, but the effect was weak and I was advised to try liposomal glutathione, to be honest, I was shocked that from the first time my ear partially opened and the attack was very weak, maybe 1-2 hours, and after a week the attacks completely stopped, I was very happy and after finishing the course of glutathione I switched to the regimen of lysine 1000 mg per day + liposomal vitamin C 1000 mg per day + vinpocetine. (I am afraid to take ginkgo from- for thinning the blood)
    In June of this year, I was sick with sinusitis and drank antibiotics and was very afraid that the symptoms were back, I started a course of probiotics and increased lysine to 3000mg per day.
    After a month, I saw that everything was fine and again returned to the 1000mg per day regimen.
    I also read that lysine should not be taken for more than 6 months and that you need to take more arginine and started drinking lysine 500 in the morning + 500 in the evening and 500 arginine at lunchtime. (Maybe it was a mistake, I shouldn't have done that)
    But in August I contracted covid again (I didn't get vaccinated because I was afraid it would become a trigger) and my symptoms came back again. My legs ached very badly for 2 weeks and was very weak, and now I have been taking lysine 3000+ vitamin C 3000 + olive leaf + monolaurin + glutathione for 3 weeks, but my ear is still full and there is no such effect as six months ago, on Sunday I had a strong attack (and now my ear is full again (.
    My ENT does not want to give me Valtrex, what would my friends advise?

2. Pa Cowboy

Pa Cowboy Member

Mar 17, 2019
  3. Korya13

Korya13 New Member

Sep 2, 2021
    Hi, thanks for the reply.
    I live in Israel and it is very difficult to get medicines without a prescription.
    I will soon go to the new ENT, bring him information about Valtrex.
    My neurologist agreed to do an experiment with Valtrex, but it is not in such quantities, he says that if you take 3000 mg per day for six months, the kidneys will not survive.
    I also started visiting a chiropractor, he says that the problem is not in the virus itself, but in the reaction of the central nervous system to the virus, and he cured several patients with my symptoms by acting on the nervous system. He also said that my C1 and C2 are slightly misaligned.
    I would also like to ask, what dose of lysine can be taken every day without harm to health?

4. prozeal

prozeal Member

May 9, 2015
    If your C1 and C2 are misaligned then that could definitely be causing you issues, I've heard others who had this exact issue and after having treatment with an upper cervical chiropractor, they started to feel better. If you go for it, please report back how you're doing.

5. Korya13

Korya13 New Member

Sep 2, 2021
    I go to the chiropractor every week, tomorrow will be the 4th time.
    I also take antiviral dietary supplements, the symptoms have so far gone, there is only tinnitus and the left ear has become worse to hear than the right one, it’s strange that speaking on the phone I feel a difference, but when I listen to voice messages, it seems to me the same.
    My chiropractor says that the main problem is that my central nervous system is in an inflammatory state and therefore the virus attacks it, he is working to bring it back to normal, when I finish the course I will definitely write

6. Korya13

Korya13 New Member

Sep 2, 2021
    This is what is strange to me - before the first attack, my neck was severely pinched, I could not turn my head for 2 weeks, did various exercises from YouTube, maybe I hurt myself.
    But if the problem is in the neck / spine, then why do anti-viral supplements help? Maybe my problem is complex, the virus attacked the place where the inflammation was.
    Even six months before the onset of the disease, I had a tooth pulled out, an infection could have gotten