1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Antivirals UK

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by maireann, Sep 27, 2021.

1. maireann

maireann New Member

May 22, 2020
    Hi

I'm putting this out to any members based in the UK.

Has anyone had success in getting a prescription for Antivirals from their GP or ENT based on Dr. Gacek's paper?

I had a brief chat with my GP about it and he appears reluctant to even consider it

2. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    I asked my ENT a few years ago and he refused. He didn’t want to listen to me at all. Then I purchased antivirals online, either form China or India. I was taking them for some 3 months but no joy. God knows what they really were.

3. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    My recommendation is that you change your doctor until you find one willing to prescribe you. You can also go through pharmacies until you find one where they sell them to you without a prescription.

4. maireann

maireann New Member

May 22, 2020
    Thanks for the replies so far

I was diagnosed with Menieres in my right ear just over 2 years ago

To date I have had 6 really bad vertigo attacks coupled with the bouts of vomitting - the last 3 of those being Jan 20, March 20 and June 20. And no attacks since - so well over a year since my last one.

In that time I have not altered my diet in any way or am I taking Serc which I was initally prescribed.

My only real problem over the last few years has been the tinnitus in my right ear which has been relentless - up and down. 2 days really really bad then 2 days at a manageable level. Always spiking during the small hours.

However I would say the last week or so I feel my good left ear doesn't feel right in the sense there is frequencies missing and bouts of tinnitus which come and go. It just feels off.

Could this be me going bilateral? Do I get on monolaurin or one of the other herbs asap? I suspect I won't be given acyclovir by my GP staright away. Also how do they test for bilateral?

Thanks

5. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    [QUOTE="maireann, post: 89652, member: 3584"

Could this be me going bilateral? Do I get on monolaurin or one of the other herbs asap? I suspect I won't be given acyclovir by my GP staright away. Also how do they test for bilateral?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
    Hi Marieann
    I just remembered…
    You can get acyclovir by typing in ‘herpes help uk’ and you will be able to buy acyclovir. The only problem is that what they prescribe is a monthly dose (for MD) that is supposed to be taken over 3 months for herpes. That means each month you will have to find a different person that would order it for you in their name. Worth trying.

6. maireann

maireann New Member

May 22, 2020
  7. maireann

maireann New Member

May 22, 2020
    Is it possible for Menieres to trigger some hearing loss in your good ear even without a vertigo attack?

I have been under an imense amout of stress recently and I am thinking this may have triggered some SSHL

Would it be wise to get to my GP and ask for prednisone.

8. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
  9. maireann

maireann New Member

May 22, 2020
    looking for a multivitamin with elevated levels of the B vitamins in the UK and unable to locate anything.

Looked on amazon etc and they are all very low

Any help appreciated