1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Atypical Meniere for 10 years

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Anna Behringer, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Anna Behringer

Anna Behringer New Member

Sep 27, 2021
    Hi I am new here. I'm from Europe so sorry for my bad english.

I have atypical meniere in both ears for 10 years now. My right ear ist almost deaf. I can still hear pretty good with my left ear. Luckily no vertigo. Tinnitus is acceptable. My biggest problem is that feeling of fullness. I constantily have a feeling like driving on a mountain. I cannot explain precisly but I can make the fullness go a away for a second (its like breathing in a special way or moving the jaw at the same time) but it comes back. Hard to describe. I have had sudden hearing loss events in the first year but not anymore. I have no real fluctuation but it can become worse or better but only a bit. Ear doctors can't help, I have tried many.

Has anyone the same symptoms? I read through the years a lot of articels about meiniere but none of these articels described exactly my symptoms. I am looking for people who have similar issus and maybe know what could help.

I have tried everything, nothing really worked. Diet has no impact. Betahistine had no effect. Suprisinglingy ear tubes didn't help a lot too. I am taking L lysine. I think it helps a bit but not sure. Same with pycnogenol.

I have a strong feeling that it is not an allergy or virus but rather related to disturbed fluid flow caused by a bone or jaw issue. That points in the direction of Atlas. I have been to a chiropractor with no effect.

I have found something that looks interesting. I have not really understood what they did but apparently 97% had no vertigo and even hearing got better in about 30 % of cases.

GRAND RAPIDS, MICH. (PRWEB) JULY 07, 2021

Published by Australian Spinal Research Foundation and the McCoy Press.

Meniere’s Disease is to dizziness what Migraine is to a headache. It has the potential to be far more intense and life interrupting, with sufferers dealing with vertigo, tinnitus, in-ear pressure and hearing loss. This has the potential to greatly impact the way they carry out day-to-day tasks during episodes. What has chiropractic to do with an inner ear problem? A recent research report has looked at one specific cause: an upper cervical subluxation complex as a result of concussion/whiplash trauma.

The peer reviewed paper, "Resolution of Vertigo, Restored Hearing & Improved Quality of Life in a patient with Meniere's Disease & Failed Craniectomy: A Case Report & Review of the Literature," published in the Journal of Upper Cervical Chiropractic Research, Vol. 2, 2021 looked at 1,000 patients over the course of 20 years. All patients were managed using a cervical specific protocol, with the same set of objective measurements used to establish the existence of the subluxation in all 1,000 cases. The example patient got relief for six months from brain surgery (see photo) to release excess cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) that is manufactured in the brain. The patient returns for an examination at Burcon Chiropractic Research Institute every six months. The upper cervical specific adjustment has held for three years. The nonsurgical procedure opens the kink between the head and the neck, the craniocervical junction (CCJ), releasing the backed up fluid from the base of the skull, which has worked its way into the inner ear over an average of fifteen years after their head/neck trauma.

This theory was first suggested by Michael Flanagan, D.C. over thirty years ago. It was first published by Burcon in 1999. It was proven by upright MRI invented by Damadian, M.D. and demonstrated by Scott Rosa, D.C. in 2015, the same year Burcon presented to seven hundred ear surgeons in Rome at the 7th International Symposium on Meniere's Disease. The Italian government funded research that proved his theory right finding that the blood flow through the vertebral artery was impeded by an average of 40% in the involved ear. Additionally, surgery and upper cervical care were shown equally effective in managing the problem. He has been invited to present in Shanghai, China at the 8th Symposium next year.

After earning a pre med four degree and four year grad degree to become a chiropractor, it takes an additional year of post grad work to get certified in an upper cervical specialty. There are ten different techniques, half using the hands, half using a variety of instruments. All are safe and effective. Burcon Cervical Specific Protocol utilizes both, the hands and instruments. Unlike other techniques, both the upper and lower neck are analyzed and adjusted if necessary. It takes yet another year to obtain this certification.

Interestingly, all 1,000 consecutive patients under the researcher’s care were medically diagnosed with Meniere’s Disease (MD) and had also suffered a whiplash. This lead researcher Dr. Michael Burcon, a leading voice on the topic of chiropractic and MD, to comment that the connection was unlikely to be coincidental. Ninety seven percent got their vertigo under control and thirty percent got their hearing restored, proven by independent hearing tests, in three months or less. Only one of the one thousand ever vomited during an attack again. “Furthermore,” he remarked, “ninety per cent having a listing of posterior and inferior towards the opposite side of the effected ear is significant."

Here is an example of a recent patient, Rhydon Mays. "As a provider to the family, Meniere's can even be difficult to deal with. But let me give you a little hope. Four months ago, I embarked on a remarkable journey that started with Dr Michael T Burcon in Grand Rapids at the Burcon Chiropractic Research Institute. This gentleman is THE leading researcher of MD. He has completely turned my life around. The biggest and most valuable thing he did for me that he can do for you is to help us understand what is actually happening. In four months, I’ve had two episodes of <1 on a 0-10 scale of vertigo. Both lasting about an hour. Before that, I had 2 years of just barely getting through life, scared to drive, always bumping into stuff."

"My wife and kids constantly worried about me and it put a very intense strain on our family and my wife and I’s relationship. Now all she can do is brag about how ‘she got her husband back’! Every night and every morning, I hear Dr Burcon’s name in her prayers. He has given us our life back. Now keep in mind, Meniere’s Disease is a very subjective disease, but having the knowledge of what is going on with you is half the battle. Dr Mike is a MD walking encyclopedia! I hope he hangs out on the earth many more years. There are so many to help."

To register, or get more information, please call Jane between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm EST Monday through Friday at (616) 575-9990.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jimii

Jimii Member

Apr 10, 2019
    Anna,

Thanks for posting this.
    I have not tried a chiropractor either. I may investigate this more.
    Everything seems plausible until you try it and it doesn't work.

Jim

3. Robert S

Robert S Member

Jun 12, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Anna, thanks for sharing your story and the article. I was diagnosed with MD back in June and have similar symptoms as you for almost a year now. Hearing loss in low frequencies in my right ear, but an almost constant fullness in both ears. And of course the tinnitus which rages at times but I too can live with it. No vertigo. The fullness in my ears is what drives me crazy. Sometimes it’s a little less and feels like it might be going away but then returns. I was originally diagnosed with Eustachian tube dysfunction and my ears “pop” frequently when I swallow. I suspect it’s a result of the ear fullness.
    I’m currently trying the JOH regimen posted on here and have been on it for 3 months now. I just increased my Lysine intake to 3500mg/day for a few weeks to see if it makes a difference. I’d also add that all of this started for me after I was having TMJ and neck issues.

4. Anna Behringer

Sep 27, 2021
    Hi Robert

That exacly describes my syndrome. It also started with the loss of low frequencies but I also lost my high and middle freqencies in my right ear over time. I also take about 3000 to 4000 mg of L lysine. It does seem to help at least a bit. One doctor once said to me that there is not one meniere disease but several underlying causes that trigger the same symptoms. After 10 years I am more and more convinced that the underlying cause of my meniere is disturbed fluid or blood flow. In consequnce no medicaton will help me (I have tried some but none helped) but rather maybe a chiropractic. I wished so much I could find somebody who has had the same symptoms and found a chiropractic who knows what to do and could help (and maybe could also help me).

5. Robert S

Robert S Member

Jun 12, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Anna, I'm at the earlier stages of trying to discover what has caused my Meniere's symptoms and have started with viral which is why I'm doing the JOH regimen now. I have a terrific (and cooperative) ENT that will run any tests so I've been tested for EBV, HS1, HS2, VARICELLA ZOSTER, etc, but I also believe it might be a disturbed or constricted vessel in my neck because of the timing of it all. I've never had a profound injury (ie. whiplash), but my neck and jaw have been a recent issue that started right before these Meniere's symptoms. There's a thread on here about NUCCA chiropractors you should check out if you haven't seen it yet. Your doctor is right about there not being one Meniere's disease.

6. Anna Behringer

Sep 27, 2021
    Hi Robert, I think that Joh could improve blood flow beacause some of its ingredients. Have these test that you mentioned shown a virus? The fact that you said that you had neck and jaw issues before meniere started confirms my assumption that blood flow is the underlying cause of some and propably also of my meniere symptoms. I have not found a chiropractor that could help me, but if I find anything that helps I will post it here.

7. Robert S

Robert S Member

Jun 12, 2021
    Los Angeles
    Hi Anna, yes the viral tests (specifically EBV & Varicella Zoster virus) show positive but do not indicate whether it's an active or past infection. I think I need to go back for the HS1 & HS2 tests as apparently Quest Diagnostics have a more sensitive version of the test. I still have TMJ issues on and off and the one observation that has been clear lately is that when I wake up in the morning I always have fairly active loud tinnitus, but after I go for a 2 mile walk that includes steep hills my tinnitus is pretty much gone. It has to be about circulation at least in part. I'm in LA but thinking of going to this guy (Dr. Glenn E. Cripe | Cripe Chiropractic Center), but still doing my research.