1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Covid Vaccines Reactions?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by pandasmom, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Oct 5, 2019
    I just got the Moderna vaccine exactly one week ago today and about 3 days after the shot, I started getting way dizzier. My dizziness/off balance sensations went from a two to six. My tinnitus seems to be staying the same but I am getting headaches that travel up the back of my neck and over my eyes. And nauseous of
    ten. Hopefully this passes. If anyone has any encouraging words that have gone through something similar please help.

2. Union Man

Union Man New Member

Oct 1, 2021
    I got the JJ vaccine. I experienced nothing the day I got it, and like many others who got any of the vaccines, had a day of feeling sore and tired, and have been fine ever since.

3. Bahamasoutloud

Bahamasoutloud New Member

Jul 10, 2021
    I was really hesitant to get the vaccine after reading posts from people with Ménière’s having bad reactions. I finally decided to get the vaccine after weeks of debating and talking to my husband. We decided the long term benEfits outweighed the risks so I decided to get it. I didn’t have any side effects as it relates to my Ménière’s and I got Moderna.

• Like Like x 2
  4. JohnL999

JohnL999 Member

Sep 25, 2020
    I got the Pfizer vaccines in April if I remember correctly. First one, sore arm for a couple of days, and I think it's from the way the nurse did it (it hurt while she was doing it because she pushed in too hard and fast). Maybe felt tired the day after. Second one had a much better nurse and could barely feel the shot with no after effects. Thankfully no discernible impact on my MD / tinnitus. Dr. Gacek in Mobile recommended I get it as he thought there'd be a greater chance the herpes virus possibly causing my ear issues would act up if my body had to fight Covid.

• Like Like x 2
  5. bob_

bob_ New Member

Oct 21, 2018
    No Meniere's response when I got the vaccine, but I got a breakthrough Covid infection and have had some Meniere's symptoms during actual Covid. I recommend the vaccine and booster shots.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Bahamasoutloud

Jul 10, 2021
    Update on symptoms after vaccine..I now have tinnitus in my ear that I didn't have before and feeling very swimmy in my head. The tinnitus goes up and down in tones which is different from the low roaring that I had when I was first diagnosed. I am praying this will resolve. I was in such a good place with my Meniere's before the vaccine and now I am second guessing it :(

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bahamasoutloud

Jul 10, 2021
    I have been experiencing some similar symptoms after getting the vaccine. I had a pretty rough couple of days at first and then everything seemed fine. About 2 weeks later I noticed tinnitus in my ear that I never had before and I have definitely been feeling more dizzy. I pray this all subsides. I was in a really good place with my Meneires before the vaccine and it is very depressing to know I could have potentially avoided all this.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bobby Smith

Bobby Smith New Member

Apr 1, 2021
    I've had the Meniere's attacks off and on since 1998. Went deaf in my right ear. Hearing loss in left. Very loud tinnitus 24/7. About 8 months ago started having attacks 3 or more times a week, sometimes 3 or more a day. I put in for disability. It got approved in 7 months. It has eased up considerably since then. I still have them every once in a while. Still have the brain fog and the feeling like I'm going to have a spell regularly. But I got the Moderna shots soon as they became available. Far as I know they didn't affect anything at all, in my case. I will take the booster shot I'm sure.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    did antivirals help you at all?

10. Bobby Smith

Bobby Smith New Member

Apr 1, 2021
    Never tried them. With this disease it's so hard to fiure out if something was working, or was it just coincidence. You would think something was working, then the spells would come on again. Mine has eased off again and I haven't really changed anything. I eat what I want and have been. I keep a pillow in my vehicles and take lorazepam for anxiety. I have to try to relax and keep my head still when I have a spell and in doing that I haven't vomited in months.

• Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1
  11. burd

burd Member

May 14, 2014
    Me too. A friend of mine had debilitating dizziness brought on by the shot and it lasted for 6 weeks before easing up. I have other health concerns not related to mm or mav too that would make it a very bad decision for me to have them, but even if it was just the possibility of long-lasting dizziness I think that would be enough to make me hold off on it. Then again I've got other friends with mm and mav and they got through it fairly ok. It's a big decision, don't let anyone force you into it, it's your body, your peace of mind.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    I ran to get it like A fool

13. Lizzy

Lizzy New Member

Dec 29, 2021
    Similarly, I got a booster (and the flu shot along with it) without really looking too much into whether I should or not with Meniere’s. My symptoms with Meniere’s began a few months after my first two Moderna shots (I don’t blame the MD on the shot). I regret it. I had the worst vertigo attack yet within hours of the shot (it previously had been about 3 months since my last). Maybe that was going to happen anyway… maybe not. I wonder if the strong immune reaction or the inflammatory response it triggers were too much. I had another lesser one three days later and have never had them that close together before. Three weeks later, I’m still working through dizziness, headaches, head swimmy feelings, and brain fog symptoms that come and go. Now on top of all of it, I still caught COVID from my toddlers (too young to be vaccinated and while we have taken reasonable precautions, this Omicron variant finally caught us). My case is very mild, no doubt helped by the booster. But… I think I would take a bout of sickness with some degree of protection from previous shots over these persistent symptoms that will last who knows how long. I am pro-vaccine, but I will give serious pause to taking any future boosters (especially since I should now have the vaccine induced and natural antibodies to some extent).

14. Bobby Smith

Bobby Smith New Member

Apr 1, 2021
    That's weird. I got my booster a couple of weeks ago. No reaction that I can tell. I still have the brain fog and light spells every once in a while, but I really don't think the shots caused anything. Like I said in an earlier post, I was having bad vertigo for months, sometimes 3 or 4 times a week. It eased off before I got the shots and didn't get any worse with the shots. I can't figure this disease out. Mine just comes and goes, lasting different times and doing different things, and has been since 1998.

15. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    I experience a few minutes of dizziness but it passed during the waiting period. There were zero reactions for the second inoculation and the booster.

16. Lilja

Lilja Member

Sep 14, 2021
    My third dose of Biontech vaccine boostered me for three days completely. I had lots of energy, feeling fine. Interesting phenomenon l can't explain.

17. Christian S

Christian S New Member

Oct 1, 2021
    I had three shots so far, 2 Pfizer, 1 Moderna. Shot 2 and 3 both triggered my ulcerative colitis A LOT. But not my MD in a way that was obvious.