1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Why do doctors refuse to recognize the viral cause?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Brian, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
  2. Punture

Punture Member

Sep 4, 2021
  3. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    The problem with derebery study was that she didn’t adjust the groups by the duration of disease when she published the study. When adjusted for duration I think she obtained great results.

4. Punture

Punture Member

Sep 4, 2021
    Is that result published?

if it not on a journal article then it is just an anecdote.

5. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
  6. Punture

Punture Member

Sep 4, 2021
    Yeah… so her study was not designed well enough to show a positive effect. And that’s what she stated in the paper. That is unfortunate. Convincing the medical community needs a properly done study.
    Having said that, trying out the drug I think has no real downside. I am too taking valacyclovir.

7. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    how are you feeling on it?

8. Hope4Relief

Hope4Relief New Member

Jun 27, 2019

9. Hope4Relief

Hope4Relief New Member

Jun 27, 2019
    I have been taking valacyclovir for a year and a half and it’s definitely reduced my symptoms of tinnitis, dizziness and general well-being. Somewhere on this site, I read an article by a professor in Boston who did a study with 100 patients over 10 years and had 70 to 80% that had significant relief with this drug . They took valaciclovir 3000mg for three weeks in divided doses, 2000 for three weeks in divided doses, and continued 1000mg daily ongoing. I had this regimen prescribed by my doctor and I’ve been taking the 1000 daily. I’ve had many other treatments and diagnostic tests looking for the cause of my Ménière’s, and nothing showing where my vertigo is coming from, so I believe it’s possibly from herpes virus in my ear. I have had shingles and chickenpox in the past and had cold sores during my college years.

10. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    How long did it take to start working?

11. Punture

Punture Member

Sep 4, 2021
    Last time (6 years ago) I took acyclovir and I felt immediate benefit from it. It stopped my vertigo and eventually daily dizziness.

I was in remission for 6 years but I had another major vertigo attack in August. I immediately started Valacyclovir, but I feel I didn't get the same amount of benefit. I still take it just because I had such a great effect last time.

12. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    How immediate was your effect? 1 week, a day?

13. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    How immediate was your effect 6 years ago? A day, a week?

14. Punture

Punture Member

Sep 4, 2021
    Literally I had my last vertigo the day that I took it...

This time around didn't do that.

15. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    That is incredible! How long did it take to help the tinnitus, if it did at all?

16. Punture

Punture Member

Sep 4, 2021
    It did not help with the tinnitus at all.

17. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    My vertigo comes and goes. My last real attack was July 2020, which was 5 days straight of vertigo. I had a minor attack 2 days ago lasting only a few seconds each. How about you?

18. EkkoMusic

EkkoMusic Member

Jul 26, 2021
    This isn't exactly accurate -- Famciclovir had no benefit on vertigo over placebo in this study. Both groups were averaging zero vertigo attacks in the observation period.

19. Punture

Punture Member

Sep 4, 2021
    Yeah.. meaning taking a sugar pill had the same effect.

20. eveva

eveva Member

Jul 30, 2020
    I have been on Antiviral since Sep 2020 (more than a year). Valtrex 500 mg for three mo, than switched to Acyclovir 400 mg/twice a day, which is not expensive. Was prescribed by primary dr. since I tested positive for Herpis I and II IGG Antibodies. During the treatment did three times the same test. Numerical result stayed the same. Dr. saying that treatment should go for years not months.
    I wander if I should take the breaks in taking antiviral ?? I tolerate this med. well because it is a small dose compare what people in this forum are taking.
    Is anyone were taking several blood tests and saw any effect of antiviral on the results? What kind off tests?

And my second question. I read that for some several vitamins and supplements it's good to take a break for three weeks to give your body chance to work itself. Any wisdom on that??
    Appreciate collective mind and thank you