1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

How to monitor your hearing

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Nikk, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Nikk

Nikk New Member

Oct 27, 2021
    Hello!
    I want to share how I monitor my hearing in the affected ear ..
    I use the app "hearing test" and
    headphones.
    If anyone wants to share the audiogram..
    Do before the crisis during the crisis and after the crisis
    These are mine

Attached Files:

2. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
  3. Nikk

Nikk New Member

Oct 27, 2021
    Yes for android from google play
    I will also use yours on a laptop

Have you read about
    SPI-1005 for the Treatment of Meniere's Disease (STOPMD-3)
    ?

4. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    Yes, in 2016 a user already warned: New Drug For Meniere's - Clinical Trial

In December 2020 they accelerated the protocols: https://menieres.org/forums/threads/spi-1005-fda-fast-track-to-stage-3-for-m%C3%A9ni%C3%A8re%E2%80 % 99s-disease-hearing-loss-and-tinnitus. 4002 / # post-87344

It is a very promising drug, but it is better not to get your hopes up on the same dates there was also OTO-104 and it finally failed in phase 3 this year: https://www.fiercebiotech.com/biotech/otonomy-fails-phase -3-adding-another-twist-to-ear-disease-saga

In any case, SP-1005 can work to control symptoms and stop vertigo (the most important of course), but it is not a drug aimed at curing Meniere or improving other symptoms such as hearing loss or tinnitus. Obviously one would live much better without vertigo thanks to SP-1005 while waiting years for a cure or improvements in other symptoms.

5. Nikk

Nikk New Member

Oct 27, 2021
    Is it that hard? I still can't believe I've been suffering from this for 2 years. I became a doctor! I read almost everything related to this disease. How did someone not write that he was healed? Or cured just to stop writing? ...
    Vaccines for covid have been found ... and no one seems to care about the disease menier

6. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    Covid: Very infectious disease that affects the entire planet with a high mortality rate (for first world countries).

Meniere: A non-infectious disease that affects a very small population and has a zero mortality rate.

But more importantly, Covid costs the planet's economy huge billions of money, Meniere only costs a few million to public health services if your country has public health.

On the other hand, Covid has one thing going for it when it comes to researching a cure. And the cause of the disease was known, that is, the virus, the first thing that was done was to isolate said virus and study it. In Meniere the cause is not known so there is still not something in concrete in which to focus the resources to fix it or find a cure, we fight against an invisible enemy.

Genetic research is very promising and the EU has been putting money into it for a few years, led by the University of Granada (Spain):

Rare coding variants involving MYO7A and other genes encoding stereocilia link proteins in familial meniere disease - ScienceDirect

Granada, epicentro de la investigación de la enfermedad genética de Ménière

And here are all the research projects that have been or are being carried out: MP12-Otología y Otoneurología - ibs.GRANADA

7. Nikk

Nikk New Member

Oct 27, 2021
    Yes it is.
    Quite interesting things.
    I hope they come up with something soon ..
    Maybe we should make some noise to be noticed. In the other topic I have asked you a few questions if you want to take a look at it.
    I have also shared notes with the crises for this year.

8. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    You can help by joining an association for the Meniere sufferer and convincing friends or family to become members as well. There are several in the world, if you have one in your own country that is the same but the best in the world I think it is the UK: Home - | Ménière’s Society

The associations raise money to finance research, some of the research at the University of Granada was co-financed with money from these associations plus money grants from countries or the EU.

Research - | Ménière’s Society

Nor do I want to give you false hope, it is highly unlikely that there will be a cure anytime soon.

9. Nikk

Nikk New Member

Oct 27, 2021
    Thank you for everything!
    I had to talk to someone about the disease.
    In my city, only my doctor has 6 with this diagnosis. But I have not met them. The city has a population of 500,000 people. I used to live by the mountains, but I moved to the sea and then I got the disease
    There is no one in my family with such a disease 100 years ago. I keep thinking that the stress and dirty air in the big city has unlocked this.
    I discovered an allergy to pollen (wild wormwood, hemp, rye, etc.) after the flowering period, dizziness begins. Last year was 2 months with remission 1 year. This year from August 13 to 3 days ago almost every day ...

10. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020
    i have the mernier for couple of years, now this year begins bilateral, i been using the JOH regimen and i can said it work super nice on my, my last hearing test was in december last year i get one in october of this year and my hearing get better in all the sense, the doctor was surprise and I told him that im using this regimen and get surprise that ask me for a copy of the regimen to read. but im happy that the regimen works , no vertigos, no fullness, no dizziness, the tone of my tinnitus is lower .no heavyness on my head. i fell super good using the regimen

11. Nikk

Nikk New Member

Oct 27, 2021
    1. Have you tested for these viruses? HSV 1 HSV 2 EBV CMV

I did a test and I have antibodies to CMV EBV.

2. i will try john mode. If there is an improvement, I think the drugs neutralize another virus .... What do you think?

3. Do you have an allergy to something?
    Or sinusitis?