1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Did Antivirals Help Your Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Brian, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    Did anyone have an effect on their tinnitus from antivirals? If so how long did it take?

2. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    When my Meniere's is at a very low ebb, my tinnitus decreases. Currently my ear is somewhat full, hearing really bad and tinnitus pretty bad. I don't complain about the tinnitus as much as the loss of hearing.

3. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    Ha I’d much rather go deaf in silence.

4. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Maybe we can work some kind of swap out ;)

5. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    I’m down!

6. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    The worst thing is hearing loss, the less you hear the real sound, the more you will hear the tinnitus. Hearing well helps mask tinnitus.

On the question, I have done several things, among them antivirals, and the tinnitus has gone down although it is always there, I just ignore it 80-90% of the time. It is a matter of mental exercise, as someone who has studied and will continue studying all his life for pleasure, I have experience in concentrating on something and ignoring everything around me, with tinnitus it is the same, you have to learn to concentrate on other things and Ignore It. Over time you will only notice it when the tinnitus rises a lot or when you go to bed.

Something that I have noticed that has improved a lot about my tinnitus is that now it always has the same tone and almost always the same volume. 6-12 months ago I had a tinnitus with a constant tone that changed in volume every day, but when I was older I had other different tinnitus that rang out at times alongside the other tinnitus.

I do not know if you understand me, I give an example: I had a flautist in my ear and at times another musician would come with a harmonica. This was really annoying when it came to ignoring it, the human being is capable of ignoring things that are monotonous or constant, but changes always catch our attention.

7. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    My tinnitus became hyper reactive to sound after the Pfizer vaccine then worse again after 6 weeks on Klonopin. Even though I tapered it flared it. I’m at a loss. Even with Ménière’s my tinnitus was mild, now it’s driving me mad. My ear fullness is also of the charts since the vaccine.

8. Kevinb003

Kevinb003 Active Member

May 15, 2014
    Tinnitus ebbs and flows. I found AVs helped some initially, but not do much anymore. I hate lying down and it never being quiet, but have learned to I’ve with it. It’s hard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    i don’t know what’s causing what now? The Ménière’s tinnitus wasn’t a big deal the vaccine and klonopin turned this into a monster.

10. jose suarez

jose suarez Member

Nov 2, 2020
    JOH regimen helps me a lot with the tinnitus, RN the tone is very low, still there but is not crazy like years before

11. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    It is terrible. Pfizer vaccine and tapering Klonopin made it even worse. I’m really in hell. How are you still above ground??

12. Kevinb003

Kevinb003 Active Member

May 15, 2014
    Because I choose to be….just can’t give up. There is too much worth fighting for to let this dictate what my life should be. It’s hard, but kind over mind over matter, my friend, stay strong!

13. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    It’s very tough. I’m out of work note from this. I can’t see this getting better.

14. Kevinb003

Kevinb003 Active Member

May 15, 2014
    You may have to find another job or talk to your current employer about accommodations. The pandemic has actually helped in allowing me to work from home and use headphones on conference calls and meetings. There is always an answer…

15. Brian

Brian Member

Jun 20, 2021
    They won’t let allow me to work remotely. They told me to apply for the health leave. The tinnitus is unreal plus the vertigo and unsteadiness. Not to mention depression and anxiety From this. I’m in a world of pain. I was basically fine until the Pfizer vaccine and 36 hours after the 2nd dose I was debilitated. Wish I never got it.

16. Kevinb003

Kevinb003 Active Member

May 15, 2014
    I’ve had both Pfizer vax and noticed nothing as a result. If there’s one thing certain about this condition it’s that it is different for everyone. If you can, try to stop focusing on that and focus on the things just seem to bring relief if any. I know it’s hard.

17. tmcmahon2

tmcmahon2 Member

May 9, 2015
    I've found that a white noise machine helps with sleeping. I've a Dohm Classic. About US$50 on Amazon.