1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

covid booster

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Kim Bouvia, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Kim Bouvia

Kim Bouvia New Member

Nov 15, 2021
    I was just wondering if anyone has any advice about the moderna booster shot? I had both my shots and had pretty normal reactions. That was in January and February; prior to that I had some fullness in my ears on and off with some hearing loss for a few years but nothing too troubling. It seemed to come and go with weather changes, especially heat waves. Then the summer of hell started with 113 temp in June and never let up. I was sick all summer with ear fullness/pain; migraines; vertigo; nausea and developed a horrible case of tinnitus. The cooler weather has improved most of my symptoms except the tinnitus and some ear fullness from time to time but not as bad as before. I am terrified of getting covid because I am afraid of returning symptoms, but am also afraid to get the booster for the same reason. I probably would take my chances without it but my daughter and her family are living with me right now and don't believe in getting vaccinated, so I'm thinking it's just a matter of time before they get it. I have been on the fence about it and then decided to just do it, but I'm having cold feet now. Esp after reading some of these posts. Any advice?

2. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Mm, that is incredibly respectful of them.

True. It is inevitable.

*nods & sighs.

I would encourage you to receive a booster shot.

It is recommended to receive a different booster than the Covid-19 vaccine you've already received.

For instance:

If you received two Moderna shots, then receive a Pfizer booster.

If you received two Pfizer shots, then receive a Moderna booster.

Welcome to the forum, Kim.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Kim Bouvia

Kim Bouvia New Member

Nov 15, 2021
    Thanks for your advice. I'm supposed to get it tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    In addition to a booster shot, it may also be worth speaking with JonBubo (a member of this forum) on the topic of natural supplementation, Ménière's symptoms, & Covid, for both yourself & your daughter.

Granting your daughter & her family don't believe in getting vaccinated, perhaps you could convince your daughter & her family to take what JonBubo recommends re' Covid.

Excuse any possible typos, I only have/had a handful of seconds to write this.

5. three4rd

three4rd Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I'm admittedly very hesitant to get a booster, even though I will. Reason is I got terribly sick following the 2nd moderna shot. Whether there is a definitive link between the two events is, of course, un-provable but I've read on another forum of many people reporting unusual vestibular symptoms that have no prior history of it.

6. three4rd

three4rd Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I'm sorry to hear this. The unvaccinated segment of the world's population is why we're still going around with this to the extent that we are.