1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

What are you doing right now?......

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bittersweetvenom, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Watching the rain

2. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Writing this post

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Hoping to fall asleep

4. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Maxence Cyrin's piano rendition of The Pixies' 'Where Is My Mind' helps me to gently slip into a frame of mind suitable for sleep.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Waiting on the New Year

6. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    Getting ready to go have some breakfast and then put away the few Christmas decorations I put out this year.

7. Watching American Horror Story

8. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Eating a chicken Caesar salad

9. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Trying to fall asleep :eek:

10. Putting a shine on floors

11. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    My fiancée & I purchased fast food, & other stuff, for the first time in two years tonight *laughs

Granting we both work till the later hours, & Victoria is now, finally, out of lockdown, we figured what better way to celebrate our diligence & God given freedoms late on a Saturday night than by behaving irresponsibly & placing ourselves into a fatty food induced coma?

We ordered *takes a deep breath* two Grill Master Super Smokey BBQ Aussie Angus Beef Burgers from Hungry Jacks.

Which is by far the longest burger title I've ever come across.

Grill.

Master.

Super.

Smokey.

BBQ.

Aussie.

Angus.

Burger.

… Really? Do we really need to use all those words?

We were then asked if we wanted our burgers as 'triples'. WTF is triples, or a singular triple, I thought to myself. Looking at one another in slight confusion, we both just sort of shrugged & said 'umm I guess, oaky?'.

Big mistake.

Ate all of it.

May barf.

Anyway, the point of my comment is to announce the Dumb Sign Of The Week Award, of which goes to a sign found in the drive through at Hungry Jacks.

It read, in bold all-caps, may I add, "REMEMBER TO USE BREAKS TO STOP CAR".

If in need to determine the average IQ of those who eat Hungry Jacks, or possibly Australians more broadly, look no further than this sign.

To rerail, & as a woman who never likes to be outdone, my fiancée ate all of her Grill Master Super Smokey BBQ Aussie Angus Beef Burger too, in addition to small fries, & by doing so broke the natural laws.

She's currently not really dead, nor really alive, rather anchored in limbo & sprawled somewhat supernaturally over the couch.

Such a strange night. Kind of humid, too. Sticky. Gross.

The past 24 months have been such a grind.

I should run the shower, put J in it & then gently into a freshly made bed, & do a workout to burn off this unholy trinity of oil & fat currently lodged like a brick in my stomach.

Today, tonight, it will all be weird.

Thank goodness it's a long weekend.

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Recovering from yesterday

13. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Me too!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Patiently waiting on Spring

15. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Packing to go back South after a long journey North to say good bye to my 97 year old dad. Rest In Peace Dad.

16. Cheryl

Cheryl Active Member

May 23, 2014
    I'm sorry for your loss, redwing. Dads are so special and very hard to lose.

17. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Thank you for your kind words.

18. Ali Q

Ali Q New Member

Mar 7, 2022
    California
    Redwing,
    As you know, I’m a new member, but have been reading through the forums since early last summer. I’ve been struggling with Menier’s since October 2018.
    The reason I didn’t join sooner is because I didn’t feel that I had anything constructive to contribute.

I’m extremely grateful to you for your willingness to generously share your experience, your knowledge, insights and wisdom managing Menier’s. Your consistent supportive input towards other members has always provided reassurance to me while I was quietly seeking solutions to manage my Menier’s and helped influence my ultimate decision.
    As you know, I’m currently post labyrinthectomy recovery, my surgery was 3/1/2022. I’m learning how to navigate this site as member, but wanted to personally say thank you.

19. Awww! So sorry for your loss. Hugs! ❤️

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Thank you Ali for your kind words. I suffered with menieres way too long. Once I received such good results from the surgery I wanted to make sure anyone who was questioning surgery would hear from someone who knew first hand there is a way out of the misery menieres. I wish you the best in your recovery! Keep walking.