1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Is this consistent with Meniere's?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by nic7, Aug 29, 2022.

1. nic7

nic7 New Member

Aug 29, 2022
    I don't have any diagnosis and have little understanding of Meniere's but my initial online searches flagged this condition. Are those on here with far more knowledge able to comment?

I have the three main indicators (low frequency hearing loss one ear (but variable day to day), slight dizziness or light-headedness, tinnitus (variable, hissing or buzzing). Just recently I had severe dizziness, both occasions at about 3 am., one resulting in vomiting, the other hypersalivation and near vomiting.

As far as I can tell variable low frequency hearing loss is quite unusual and an indicator of possible MD. What I have read however is that MD BEGINS with vertigo, and the hearing loss and tinnitus come later. I have has variable hearing loss 3 years, tinnitus 5 months, dizziness 1 month, and vomiting in the last week. Does this still fit a Meniere's profile? Thanks.

2. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Hi nic7
    Sorry to hear you are going through this.
    I had tinnitus years before MD came.
    I am not sure if there is anyone with the evil disease who has not experienced vertigo.
    Does your ear get full?
    You definitely need to see a doctor.

3. nic7

nic7 New Member

Aug 29, 2022
    Yes, ear feels full at times, which seems to be when hearing loss occurs too.

4. Patricia Idaho

Patricia Idaho New Member

Nov 23, 2021
    Besides all your other symptoms, the fact that your hearing fluctuates is a pretty good sign that you have Meniere's. Do continue to keep a diary.

5. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    I am sorry to say that you certainly have symptoms of Menieres. Search for a Neurotologist- doctors who sub-specialize in complex problems of the inner ear, auditory nerve and base of the skull. Most ENT doctors are not very helpful when it comes to meneier’s.

6. Biffer

Biffer Member

Aug 6, 2020
    I had hearing loss and tinnitus in my left ear years before my first vertigo attack.