1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

I start taking NMN and TMG today.

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by IvanNew, Sep 15, 2022.

1. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    I already have the NMN and the TMG so today I start taking them. I am also lucky that for the week I will do an audiometry with the ENT doctor and five weeks later I will do another audiometry with my audiologist; so I can check if there is any improvement.

In the mice they appreciated improvement at 4 weeks, it may take longer in humans, but I will do another audiometry at 6 months as well.

My goal is to improve hearing by at least 10db. I have been 14 months without dizziness or vertigo, so I will not be able to check if it helps with these symptoms.

Wish me luck.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Well good luck and keep us posted! And congrats on your 14 months!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Ivan - what doses of these two supplements are you taking?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Kevinb003

Kevinb003 Active Member

May 15, 2014
    Best of luck. I started both last Friday.

• Like Like x 1
  5. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    500mg NMN
    1000mg TMG

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Jesus

Jesus New Member

Mar 31, 2021
    Oviedo, Spain
    Please share your changes/improvements! Good luck!

7. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    What is the information that is prompting this interest in NMN and TMG? I can't find it.

8. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    It is information discovered and shared by JonBubo here:

NMN alleviates hearing loss

What's in your Meniere's stack? Is it working?

There is not much evidence for Meniere, but it is confirmed that it is a powerful antioxidant that can be obtained from various vegetables, but especially broccoli.

So I've decided to give it a try, but obviously I have little hope that my hearing will improve.

9. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Got it, thank you.

10. Fireblade

Fireblade New Member

Feb 5, 2022
    hi there. could you send links to what these are please
    500mg NMN
    1000mg TMG

11. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
  12. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    UPDATES:

A week ago I did audiometry with my ENT. My hearing is still the same as it was a year ago, that is, I have lost about half of my hearing.

Today marks two weeks since I started with NMN. It's still early, but I can say that I have more energy and that I sleep better; I don't know if it's a matter of these supplements or pure chance.

On October 28 I have an appointment with my audiologist who will do another audiometry, also more complete than that of the ENT because in addition to tonal audiometry he also does word recognition and noise tolerance.

I will report then if there is any change.

13. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    UPDATE:

Something strange happened today, I often cover my good ear to check that I really don't understand music, TV, conversation, etc.

Today I did it with music in the car and, for the first time, I heard something, not enough to be clear about the words; but before it didn't even come to this. Until doing audiometry at the end of the month I can't confirm anything either, sometimes the placebo effect deceives us..

14. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    Bad news, audiometry with no changes.

15. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    F^&%GKIN Disease :mad:

It doesn't seem to matter much what we do, it has a mind of its own. Some days, my hearing in bad ear is 5/10, other days its 1/10. Some Days my tinnitus is 8/10 some days I barely notice it. At least I feel ok, no vertigo for a while and that's the biggy.

I'm taking NMN also, but haven't noticed a difference.

16. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    It's only been 6 weeks, there's still hope. I am now looking into expanding with a new regenerative supplement. Regaining hearing is very rare anyway, so we shouldn't get our hopes up either. Of course, in case someone is encouraged, I will tell the story that the audiologist told me: She had a patient with Meniere who had been using hearing aids for several years with a hearing loss of 50%, then one day he had a crisis and suddenly he had lost 80%, but after two weeks he recovered his hearing with only a 20% loss. hearing. This disease is very rare, I hope that SP-1005 works and goes on sale soon and that in 5-10 years some therapy appears that regenerates hearing.

17. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    Well, it hasn't worked. Maybe I do it by combining it with other supplements, but which ones? Impossible to guess without more information.