1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

lexapro

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by verti, Sep 22, 2022.

1. verti

verti Member

May 20, 2014
    I have bilateral MM & tinnitus so loud I'm having problems understanding what people are saying, especially during the mask wearing time. My balance seems to be a thing of the past. Doctor has prescribed Lexapro for anxiety. Anyone have pros & cons to this drug? I don't want to take something that is going to make balance & vertigo worse for me. Your thoughts are appreciated.

2. LorEst

LorEst New Member

Dec 18, 2020
    I started on Effexor for anxiety this past January, it was recommended by my vestibular therapist. Best thing I ever did!

3. Ryan Schultz

Ryan Schultz New Member

May 19, 2022
    I went on Zoloft about six weeks ago for anxiety. It has made my life a lot better during this one year plus relapse of Menieres. Not only did it help with anxiety, it also has significantly lessen the PPPD symptoms that were almost constant. I had very few side effects—some light drowsiness and diarrhea, nothing too bad.

They are studying ssris as treatment for MD do to their possible anti-inflammatory effects.

4. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    Alprazolam and sertralina helps me a lot

5. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    I was weaning off Effexor (related to Lexapro) when my Meniere's was emerging, so I'm terrified of these drugs. It may have been coincidence... but upping my dose of Effexor seemed to help the attacks at the time.