1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Has anyone tried regenerative supplements? Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by IvanNew, Nov 5, 2022.

1. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    I started taking NMN following one of JonBubo's threads, but after asking him several times what the next supplement should be, he hasn't answered me, I guess he doesn't go around here much anymore.

Has anyone tried or know what would be the best supplement of this type to add to NMN? I am hesitating between liposomal glutathione or quercetin. I have also come across this supplement that appears to contain several compounds that synergistically address the various causes of aging: Novos Core

But it is quite expensive at $79/month plus shipping.

Any advice is welcome. Thank you

2. Lmaras

Lmaras New Member

Mar 17, 2022
    I tried both of his recommendations, NMN and the other don't remember the name, went through two bottles of each. They did not improve my quality of life. I haven't purchased anymore. As you stated it's expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  3. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    Thanks for your reply!

4. Iwa86

Iwa86 New Member

Jan 27, 2023
    Hi Ivan,
    have you tried glutathione?I wanted to try it too…

5. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    The other one was TMG.

6. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    I dont, only take NMN+TMG but dont work to me.

I will try Glutathione in the near future.

For now I take only betahistine, lysine and vitamins.

7. Iwa86

Iwa86 New Member

Jan 27, 2023
    I took Lysine too, but didn‘t help me neither. Please keep us posted about your progress/ results with glutathione=)

8. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    How many time you take lysine?

9. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    To be effective, lysine must be taken carefully, and precisely. Must be taken without food, at least 20 minutes before eating, or at least 2 hours after eating. And lysine seldom brings prompt relief of symptoms. In fact, just as with prescription antiherpetic drugs, symptoms often get worse, for a period, when starting lysine. One needs to persist, as the lysine finally begins to restrict herpes virus replication. In almost every case where symptoms got worse when starting lysine, if the dosing was continued, it finally worked. It's important to try the lysine for several weeks or a few months, not just a week or two.

--John of Ohio

10. Iwa86

Iwa86 New Member

Jan 27, 2023
    I tried it for 2 months ( 1500 mg/day)but unfortunately I couldn‘t notice any effect. Neither did my symptoms worsen nor did they improve…

11. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    It is a low dose, you have to start with at least 1000mg every 8h (I started with 1200 every 8h). It started working after 3 months, but the full effect took about 6 months. After a year I lowered the dose to 1000mg every 12h. Now I take 1000mg every 24h.

12. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    Not saying it will work, but that's not a fair trial of L-lysine both in treatment duration or dose. It took me over 3 months to turn the corner and feel better and that's at 5000mg a day and the full JOH regimen.

13. Iwa86

Iwa86 New Member

Jan 27, 2023
    hmm… okay, then I will try again with 3000 mg/day… since
    I have nothing to loose =)

• Fistbump/thanks Fistbump/thanks x 1