1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Testosterone Levels and Meniere's

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Swell143, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Swell143

Swell143 New Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Austin TX
    I'm currently a year and a half into living a normal life since I started getting testosterone pellets plugged into me. In talking to my neurotologist back then he had mentioned that in a study he read about some men had seen positive results on Meniere's effects when testosterone levels were above 700 levels.
    I had already had several steroid injections as well as sac decompression surgery to no effect. I was contemplating a laby procedure at the time when after a blood test my doctor noticed my testosterone levels were very low in the 400-level range, (my wife could tell him that) and that he had read that about 50% of men had seen positive results in relieving the symptoms of MD. He had not performed the pellet insertion on any patient and at that point I said I'll certainly give it a try, what did I have to lose.
    Well, I guess I'm one of the lucky sides of 50% because since I've been on the pellets, I've had no vertigo attacks or dizziness either. I still have the ear fullness though but have learned to live with that now.
    I will add that I do still see a cervical chiropractor that I had been seeing prior to starting the pellets because of the condition of my C1 vertebra which was badly twisted. I get a new pellet every six months (at $600 per pellet) and I positive this is working for me because after I did the first pellet, I forgot about getting a new one at the six-month mark and I started feeling the dizziness I had experienced in the past. I called my doctor and got a new pellet inserted and within two weeks I was back to normal, and the dizziness had subsided. I had let myself go close to eight months between pellets. I will not do that again.
    You have no idea how crazy this sounds to me and how this had the positive effect for me and my MD symptoms. I'm curious if any other men have had any experience with this, because I was the first for my doctor and I've never read or heard of such a treatment. Thanks for the read.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. yellowboy

yellowboy Active Member

Jul 11, 2020
    Did it have any affect on your tinnitus ? The reason I ask is I have been getting hormone shots to drive my testosterone down due to prostrate cancer. My tinnitus has worsened since I started the shots. My vertigo is under control with Betahistine.

3. Swell143

Swell143 New Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Austin TX
    yelloboy,
    No, no effect on my tinnitus. I still have the same ear fullness as well, but I guess I've learned to live with those symptoms. All the best!

4. yellowboy

yellowboy Active Member

Jul 11, 2020
    Thanks, bummer

5. Swell143

Swell143 New Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Austin TX
    Bummer in one respect but a definite positive in the more important reason for me even taking such steps. Best of luck to you with your condition yelloboy.

6. yellowboy

yellowboy Active Member

Jul 11, 2020
    Yes I get it good luck to you too

7. Jimii

Jimii Member

Apr 10, 2019
    What about your hearing? Any improvement or the same with testosterone treatments?

Thanks
    Jim

8. Swell143

Swell143 New Member

Nov 11, 2021
    Austin TX
    I still have about a 60% loss of hearing in my left ear so no change in that regard.

9. Chago

Chago New Member

Aug 29, 2022
    Have you had any side affect with that treatment?