1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Does Meniere's cause ear pain?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by EAOfficial, Apr 25, 2024.

1. EAOfficial

EAOfficial Member

Jan 10, 2024
    North Jersey
    My condition is Meniere's like in that every couple of months I will get a dizziness attack. Just no vertigo. Has been responding well to antivirals. So basically the vestibular nerve is being effected not the cochlea. -- -- Recently today I've been getting pain in my left ear (both ears are effected). No feeling of "fullness", just pain. Has anyone experienced this? Or is it always a feeling of "fullness"? I'm worried I won't be so lucky and the disease eventually advance into my cochlea and I get actual vertigo

2. Lilja

Lilja Member

Sep 14, 2021
    I hope you won't get any vertigo, EA.
    Sometimes I experience ear pain, but it comes from my clenched jaw, my dentist and my ENT doctor explained.
    So, try to find out if your jaw is clenched or/and your neck is also hurting when you have ear pain.
    Good luck
    Lilja

3. Mr. Dutchie

Mr. Dutchie New Member

Jan 29, 2024
    In my situation, the pressure can become so intense and painful that I am unable to wear my hearing aids. This sensation of fullness and sensitivity, often accompanied by heightened tinnitus, is typically an indicator that vertigo is imminent.
    hopefully this helps

4. tek465b

tek465b Member

Feb 27, 2022
    I used to have ear pain a few years ago, so i think yes its totally possible. When i did research about it apparently other some people with meniere had it too.

5. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    I had pain while vertigo attack me.