1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Insulin Levels and Meniere's and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Donamo, Apr 26, 2024.

1. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    I have had Meniere's for many years as you can see from my signature. In January of 2024 I read a scientific article linked on this site which found a link between hyperinsulinemia and Meniere's. After reading that, I switched to a low carb, keto diet and have had great success.

I have had two setbacks in that time and I think both were related to electrolytes and perhaps dehydration. In both setbacks, my hearing went down, but recovered in a day or two. I now make sure I drink an electrolyte enhanced drink pretty much every day.

Anyway, I did a little Googling today and came across this article that explians more of the insulin and hearing loss connection.

"How hearing loss relates to metabolic health"

How hearing loss relates to metabolic health.

Definitely worth a read.

2. JanieJiffy

JanieJiffy Member

Apr 30, 2023
    Interesting article.

I know I must stay hydrated all the time, and I also must eat small meals in between the normal three, as I always notice an ear fullness change when I eat. Filling up on veggies at the start of the meal helps. It slows down the passage of food and seems to help with leaky gut as well.