1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Does anyone know any doctors willing to test for herpesviridae antibodies? Or autoimmune blood marke

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by EAOfficial, May 3, 2024.

1. EAOfficial

EAOfficial Member

Jan 10, 2024
    North Jersey
    I just saw another doctor today who wasn't willing to send of for blood tests to see if my etiology is herpesviridae, as per Gacek. This seems silly. What's the big deal with just doing some tests?

Also, my condition may be autoimmune in nature. Apparently, while no one test can show up if an autoimmune condition is occuring, there are a slew that can help investigate that. :

Autoimmune disorders Information | Mount Sinai - New York

My condition keeps recurring and is very atypical, yet no doctor seems to want to do any investigation. What gives?

2. tmcmahon2

tmcmahon2 Member

May 9, 2015
    I had to talk mine into it. I mentioned I had Meniere's and wondering if I had been exposed to HSV as that might be a cause. The trick is the test doesn't tell you that you have it. Just that you've been exposed to it and then ... they can't do anything anyway. Probably why they're reluctant to do the test.

3. EAOfficial

EAOfficial Member

Jan 10, 2024
    North Jersey
    Damn, I paid for one out of pocket, and it said I have no Igg, the permanent antibodies.
    But from what I understand that doesn't mean Gacek is wrong