1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.
solari

Fatigue and why you feel so tired

1. Hickspanic

Hickspanic Member

Jan 31, 2022
    That's all I do as well. Stay home clean, wash, vacuum, yard work, when my body lets me. I never applied for disability, figured they would deny me anyway why stress myself out over it. Sold my welders, project cars, and other labour intensive hobbies.

2. DC39

DC39 New Member

Dec 1, 2023
    I'm finding it difficult to decide just what symptom belongs to which health issue I have. If I was to believe it is all from MD that would put me in stage 3. But then I have some of the symptoms that are minimal at worst and when medicated genreally all symptoms get worse while the tinitus disappears mostly. Definitely find limited information other than the basic symptoms which could have many causes. Definitely a learning curve.
    I see someone refer to vitamin B12, in my case my B12 was 145 and is now pushed to 450 and no difference to the tiredness or any other appreciable difference to anything. Still taking B12 but need to be aware too much can cause issues.

3. Markmcgee4

Markmcgee4 New Member

May 30, 2022
    Yes, fatigue has been an issue for me for many years. Symptoms began in my 50s and finally had to retire at 61. Fortunately, I was able to find another line of work that was less demanding. Finally had to retire from that at 75. I also had to stop teaching martial arts in person a few years ago. Fortunately, Zoom allows me to work with my students in multiple states. I haven't found a solution to fatigue other than accept and deal with it - similar to the constant tinnitus. I take naps when needed, though not every day. I find that closing my eyes for 10-20 minutes often revives me enough to keep doing things until bedtime. I wear sound silencing earphones when outside or inside sounds are too much to take. About a dozen people from one side of my family have bi-lateral Meniere's. I've found that even though we are closely related, our experiences differ. After meeting with many doctors through the years, I've heard that from them as well. Everyone is a laboratory of 'one.' Best to everyone!

4. DC39

DC39 New Member

Dec 1, 2023
    Hi,
    I have been told I now have autonomic polyneuropathy. I still am not sure that any of these diagnosis are correct. Eight months in and still waiting for the MRi brain scan. I do have symptoms but so many of my symptoms can be from just as many health issues. I have been dealing with a pretty rough patch lately and gotten to the bottom line after being paralyzed and unable to command my lower body from the waist down to move. Strange feeling standing looking down at your feet unable to get them to do anything but look stupid. Fortunately short lived.
    Do I want to continue to struggle or is it time to let go.
    I decided to stop all medications and see how long I could last. Big problem, next day I felt rejuvenated and ready to get one with life. Had to resort back to BP meds and restart insulin injections but the rest of the meds are still looking at me from the shelf. Managed to suppress the vicious migraines but the trade off is persistent headaches. Interestingly I have not had a stumble or brain freeze since and now 2 weeks on and still feeling great. The dexterity has returned as has my comprehension abilities. My mood change has been dramatic, no longer aggressive and in your face.
    My conclusion is that going off the bulk of my meds isn't killing me, but taking them all, they are trying to kill me somehow. I don't know which or what combination of meds is causing the problem/s but I do know I feel great and want to hang onto it as long as I can. The downside is that my BP med has the side effects of headaches and damages my already depleted kidney function.
    The questioning continues in an effort to unlock the mystery.
    Cheers

5. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    Just wondering, DC39, how high does your BP go if you don't take the BP meds? I wonder if living with high BP might be better than headaches and kidney damage. I don't have high BP and know very little about it, but is there some more "natural" way to help control it?

6. DC39

DC39 New Member

Dec 1, 2023
    Hi,
    My BP without medication ranges from 185/110 to 200/120. I have been at 240/140 previously and know it is sustainable in the short term, for me.
    Unfortunately the migraine is so intense the only control I have to knock it back is codeine which I'm none too thrilled to have to take. The BP med induced headache is the lesser of the two evils. As yet I don't know how badly it is affecting my CKD, another side effect.
    In hospital 3 weeks ago with 205/119 all day and they still couldn't bring it down. As I understand it the likelihood is that the autonomic polyneuropathy can interfere with the control of these organs corrupting the messages from the brain to function as we know it should and there is nothing that can change that. Fortunately I'm not bad enough that it is constant, for me it comes and goes momentarily.
    Autonomic polyneuropathy controls everything the body does without us thinking of it, ie like heart beating, throat swallowing and muscular control and on it goes. Then just throw in just plain old autonomic polyneuropathy and there is not a lot left to control myself! Mostly I have reasonable control of myself, luckily, but it is definitely disrupting my digestion and the ability to pass urine comfortably. Worst is it can stop your heart in an instant, no warning, just drop dead. I try not to think about it as we all die sometime anyway.
    The insulin I take as there is no other oral meds left to me, reacted to everything else. The last oral was empagliflozin which caused moments of paralysis from the waist down and gave me mild anaphylaxis. Not sure if it was this alone or it stimulated the neuropathy to triggering it worse. If I stop the insulin I'm only making the neuropathy worse as diabetes is the main cause.
    All I can do is whatever it takes to cope.
    Cheers

7. EAOfficial

EAOfficial Member

Jan 10, 2024
    North Jersey
    Ehhhhh....
    When the inflammation is high is when the signal from the ear structures is the worst. It's not just a lessened signal it's an inconsistent signal. The brain has to work hardest in these times to make sense of it. I believe this is the source of the fatigue

8. labosc

labosc New Member

Jul 18, 2023
    I have had MD for 5 years this past year worst with fullness tinnitus all the time and now fatigue in morning started feel off balance also of course brain fog too now. I have noticed weather getting hotter and storms in Fla have big increase with in my system feeling worse . But there are people in worse condition than myself .