1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Any news about SPI 1005?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by IvanNew, Jan 17, 2023.

1. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    Good news for all of us. Now we have to wait for the trial to end and hopefully the results will be positive so that the drug is sold and we can all test it. Thank you for sharing your experiences.

2. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    What the name of the medication

3. TR3B

TR3B New Member

Jan 13, 2024
    Ebselen

4. Paul101

Paul101 Member

Jan 30, 2023
    Is it available

5. Mark55

Mark55 Active Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Washoe Valley, Nevada
    Just an FYI:
    After my last check-up at the clinic, my hearing has improved quite a bit from last 3 month audio tests. Kinda crazy, as the Audiologist interrupted the test at the half way point and asked me if my hearing was significantly better. So, two hearing tests with improvement. This much better than last. Tinnitus has improved and no more hyperacusis. My good ear has made improvements as well. Should be noted that the good ear has always had normal hearing. After visit with doctor, he thinks if the drug is going to work, it may take 6+ months to work on the hearing. Some have results, others not. I have slowed down on the supplements. Honestly, I don't think they do much for me. Keeping the vitamin C, Krill oil and multi vitamin. I eat organic food including whole grains and follow the majority of the Vestibular migraine eating plan. I know for a fact bananas and ripe avocado are triggers for me. Everyone is different! Lysine made everything much worse for me from day one of starting it. As soon asI stopped it, no more vertigo. I have a long line of ear issues from my father's side, as well as Dad had Menieres. Everything that might cause Menieres I have probably encountered at one time or another.
    I am getting back to somewhat normal as it can be. Hey, I was shooting at the gun range on Saturday! Any good day we have is a win! I hope and pray that this drug gets approval. I definitely want to keep taking it for years to come!
    Take care and God bless

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. TR3B

TR3B New Member

Jan 13, 2024
    This forum needs a 'fingers crossed' and 'prayer hands' emojis. :D

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    @Mark55 do you know how many db your hearing improved?

8. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    Last month?

9. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    Yes, last month of the trial. I end it on July 9th.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Carlos_Spain

Carlos_Spain New Member

Mar 31, 2024
    Hi! How are you doing?
    Do you think the drug will go on the market?
    Thx!

11. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    I'm doing alright. Not as good as I have been but generally my symptoms are better than they have been without the drug. Will it get approved? I have no idea, that will be based on all of the data.

12. Mark55

Mark55 Active Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Washoe Valley, Nevada
    I have no idea. They just tell me it has improved. I have had a bad 3 weeks. Started with ear pressure again, sensitivity and the worst Tumarkin crisis (drop attack) yet. Flying backwards onto the concrete floor. Hit my head pretty good. Since the fall, my M.D. has been worse. Equilibrium trash and it's been a week. Will be looking into Laby surgery in the future. This getting slammed to the ground and not knowing it's coming is dangerous stuff!
    The clinic called and scheduled my last appointment for July 9th. I will post up what I hear in regards to the drug after the 9th.

13. EAOfficial

EAOfficial Member

Jan 10, 2024
    North Jersey

But the ebselen/SPI-1005 isn't supposed to help with vertigo?

14. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    To say that stinks is an understatement. Here’s hoping for better days ahead knowing that symptoms can ebb and flow. It sounds like we both end the trial on the exact same day.

15. Mark55

Mark55 Active Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Washoe Valley, Nevada
    Thanks buddy!
    Yeah, clinic dude told me the 9th is the last day of the study. So win or lose,it will be over soon. I asked if I could have all the extras, they laughed at me Haha
    Now I gotta find some telehealth doc here in the U.S. that will give me a prescription for Betahistine so I can order it out of Canada!

16. MrE

MrE Active Member

Nov 17, 2022
    Don't we wish we could have the extras! LOL. I priced out Ebselen at one point and for the amount of the drug that we're taking it would cost us $1500/month.

17. Mark55

Mark55 Active Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Washoe Valley, Nevada
    Honestly,
    I don't think I was getting as much benefit from it as I thought I was. Because this disease bounces from good months to bad, it's hard to tell. I can say that it has improved the hearing a bit. Basically what the drug was designed for I suppose. If it does make it to FDA approval, unless my insurance covers it, I'm out. If I had great results, I'd sell my house. Just not seeing it

18. IvanNew

IvanNew Active Member

Jan 18, 2021
    :(