1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

New, but new to Menieres.

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Bella, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Bella

Bella Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Hello, I'm new to the forum, but not to menieres.

2. Vicki

Vicki Guest

Hi Bella,
    Welcome to the forums. Sorry you have this awful disease. The boards have alot of information that might help you get relief from your symptoms.

3. Bella

Bella Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Thank you. I see messed up the thread title. :(

What relieves your symptoms?

Does everyone here have menieres or a garden variety?

4. A2P

A2P New Member

May 12, 2014
    Hi Bella.

I think I might be able to direct some doctors or resources pages you can look up.
    http://www.menieres.org.uk/files/pdfs/balance-retraining-2012.pdf - this is balance movement exercise.
    http://www.menieresdiseasestudy.com/78.htm - Meniere's Clinical Trial
    http://menieresexperts.com/ - Meniere's Doctor website

These might help you!

5. Vicki

Vicki Guest

Antivirals help me tremendously, I haven't had a vertigo attack in the last year and 6 months while taking acyclovir and I have MM for 48 years.

6. Vicki

Vicki Guest

I meant no vertigo for 1 year and 6 months

7. CathyO

CathyO New Member

Jul 27, 2014
    I just joined this forum. I have read several comments and I think I am in the right place! I was diagnosed with Meniere's in April of this year after an eight hour episode that landed me in the emergency room. I was glad for the ER visit because that time was used to eliminate other possibilities. When I went to the ENT a week later they had all they needed to help rule out any other disease. I am looking forward to reading more about everyone's experience. I can identify with some of what I have read so far. Before I start asking questions I am going to look over the topics and see if I can get some answers from what you have already discussed. Glad to be hear and looking forward to meeting some new friends.

8. Bella

Bella Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Thanks all.
    Vicki; I'm so happy the anti-vitals worked for you, they didn't work for me. :)

9. bill

bill New Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Ormond Beach

Somehow I mis-filed raymonds story (ha under VA medical), a couple of years ago.

Glad I found it and this web site again. Looking forward to
    reading and sharing.

coping with my own private "funhouse" in Ormond beach. Still play golf
    (ha ! great excuse for bad shots), ride bike (not on raods anymore), ease meniers fun filled
    events with meclizine.

looking forward to sharing with my peers

Bill

10. Bella

Bella Member

Jul 16, 2014
    Hi bill. :).

11. Bella

Bella Member

Jul 16, 2014

Hi Cathy.

Enjoy your stay.