1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Ahoy Mates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bergie, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Feb 11, 2021
    Are there any Booties around anymore? Been a long time since we rocked and rolled...!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Autumninthefall

Autumninthefall Active Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Welcome to the Meniere's forum, Bergie! I don't think you've found the destination you seek. This website/forum supports those experiencing inner ear disease. From what I can tell, I believe you may be looking for a site having to do with pirate games...of all variety. A website you might try is: www.piratesahoy.net

I hope you are able to find the nautical adventures you seek. Good luck!;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Feb 11, 2021
    Ahh Matey! Been around since 2002, I think it was. Met many at meet ups even in the UK! I was just wondering if any MM’ers from the “past” are still around and reading. Ray/Solari is the Boss!! BTW, my story starts in 2001 when I had dizzy/ woozy feeling 24/7, was dx with MM, was put through the ringer with tests, mri’s, meds, etc only to find out about 5 years later that I had BPPV in one ear which ended up being in both ears. Check the old files here you should see some posts about it. Long story short and many visits to Vestibular Rehab. My crystals in my ears won’t stick and easily can be dislodged, by simple head movements causing dizziness. I’ve learned how to avoid these positions (laying down, for one) and have dealt with this for 20 years...so YES, I know where I am here, and who I am. Nice to meet you!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Autumninthefall

Autumninthefall Active Member

Aug 10, 2019
    Sorry, Bergie! I just noticed it said you were a new member. I didn’t consider that you might’ve just changed your name. Ray did a major upgrade, as you can see, and it seems like some old members aren’t as active. This may just be my perception. Nice to meet you, and welcome back to the worst club ever!

5. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Who were you before you were Bergie :)

6. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Feb 11, 2021
    Been me, Bergie since the beginning.

Redwing I recognize you! Hope you are doing well!

7. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Nice to meet you Bergie! Welcome (back):)
    I hope you are doing well.

8. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    I am trying to place you....I am doing great thank you and I hope you are too. Welcome back!

9. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Feb 11, 2021
    I "was" a huge NJ Devils fan but since moved out of state. I took an early retirement...just couldn't teach Pre-K anymore. Between my head (BPPV), age, Covid going on, and a big move, I don't know if I'm coming or going! LOL! I just take things one day at a time, and I try to be nice. Emphasis on "being" ...NICE!) LOL!!

10. Dixie

Dixie New Member

May 6, 2020
    Hi Bergie,

I remember you. You had a thing for Johnny Depp. If I recall you and Linda Webber met up with Les in the UK. The old board had lots more active members than we do now. I remember it being a lot of fun...until it wasn’t. Good to see you again.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Bergie

Bergie New Member

Feb 11, 2021
    Hi Dixie
    Of course I remember you too! I hope all is well with you.

(Yes, Linda and myself went to the UK and met up with the Brits!!! LOL! Les, Doug, Phil, Amanda, John, and Debs. And another guy who has since passed and one more I can't remember his name.)
    Good times, back then!

There were other meet ups too which were a lot of fun.
    Take care hun and stay in touch!!

12. Marta

Marta Active Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Meet ups!? What a great idea it was!

13. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I've been on and off this board for a lot of years, now. Mostly I check back periodically to see if there is any new information. I posted on the old board under a different name-can't even remember now what it was, it's been a while. I remember the old board. It was too clique-y for my taste and too many people who weren't very nice, so I left. When I came back a couple of years ago I didn't recognize any of the names from back then. I guess they've either moved on or maybe are posting under different names. In any case, I hope they are all doing so well that they don't need this board anymore. :)