1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

All Teachers: What the hell is going on?

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Bulldogs, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Bulldogs

Bulldogs Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    My Oldest child (6th Grade) wanted to play football and the private school did not have a middle school team so the Chief decided to let him attend the local public school this year to see if he liked it and to play football and enroll in the Gifted /AP Program. What the hell is going on?

The school list was fine, no problem but it was the extras that caught my attention......In addition to all the student supplies the teacher requested from each student.

1. 2 large Sanitizers
    2. 4 boxes of Cleenex
    3. 3 rolls of paper towels
    4. 3 Clorox Wipe Containers
    5. 10 dry erase markers
    6. 5 packs of copy paper (100 sheets each)

Not a big deal.....But i thought with 32 kids in the class we are looking at

64 Large Sanitizers (over one a week if kids went to school year round which they don't)

120 Boxes of Cleenex (you got to be kidding me)

96 rolls of paper towels

96 clorox wipe containers

320 dry erase markers

160 packets of copy paper at 100 sheets a pack.

Come on all you teachers out there........i just know you are taking this stuff home for your own personal use. Where in the classroom can you store all this?

Oh Yea and here is the kicker the school sent a letter........We were required to buy extra jump drives, pencils, caluclators, markers, pens, scissors, paper, notebooks, erasers, glue sticks for the classroom so the kids that could not afford them could have all the supplies........don't get me started on this,

2. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    If you cannot afford kids please do not have them and leave it to others to take care of them. I am done venting, i bought all the supplies and more with a smile on my face and look forward to my oldest son having a great year and if i may say no matter how much it hurts........GO PATRIOTS that is the name of his middle school.

summer was fun but so much nicer to wake up and know you can get stuff done rather than hear all day....dadddy what are you doing with us today, play catch, take us to the movies, we are bored can we go on a vacation again to the beach, will you take us to work with you today so we can get some donuts and the list goes on and on......

Dam i miss those little rats and they have only been in school for 3 days.....

3. Gracie

Gracie Active Member

May 13, 2014
    That is a lot of supplies Bulldogs, especially you buying all extra and teachers still asking for stuff,

4. redwing1951

redwing1951 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    Hey BD love your rant!! I worked in the school district for 20 years and here is my take...for every parent like you who will purchase the supplies requested and more there are 10 who will not!! So the teacher is praying that 2or 3 parents will help out. It is a disgraceful situation and don't get me started!!! When is your next trip to NSB? We could solve the problems of the world over Mai Tai at the Breakers!! By the way so happy that Chief will allow your son to play football...that's another topic we could address. Hope all is well miss the old gang God Bless.

5. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    PS love that you are cheering for my boyfriend T B and the Patriots

6. Bulldogs

May 12, 2014
    My neighbors wife is a teacher and I love teachers and I truly believe it is the hardest jib in America.... your not just a teacher your an underpaid social worker, psychologist, often times a parent to some kids, a role model and coach. The teacher spends more time with the kids every day than the parents if you think about it. Hardest job in America and the keep puthings more and more on teachers plate because of delinquent parents.

Hey Red,
    Dam I can already taste that Burger at Breakers.... delicious!!!! The Chief and I talked about going back to NSB in April for kids spring break. Is weather ok in April? We loved it last year.

7. redwing1951

May 13, 2014
    New Hampshire/Florida
    The two best months in NSB are April and October. I will be there