1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Alprazolam STOPPED Vertigo

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Gregg Miller, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Gregg Miller

Gregg Miller New Member

Aug 10, 2022
    For those suffering from Vertigo and Tinnitus Alprazolam has performed miracles for me. This medication STOPPED the Vertigo. It also reduced my stress level which added to Tinnitus attacks. It worked for me- it changed my life and maybe it will work for you as well.

2. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    You are fortunate to have a physician who prescribes this benzo for you. Many refuse to do so claiming their patients might become addicted. That is why so few people use it or why it is prescribed in dosages that do not blunt vertigo.

3. Gregg Miller

Gregg Miller New Member

Aug 10, 2022
    Im new- thought I had posted but it isn't on so I'll rewrite. So a doctor would rather have his patient suffer endless torture of Vertigo than face and "addiction" that can be resolved simply by gradually reducing dosages over time- comparable to Prednisone? The benefits FAR EXCEED the risk with zero side effects. If the ENT wont prescribe it TALK TO YOUR regular dr- call a psychiatrist- make an appointment. Then fire your ENT dr and find one that has care and compassion.

4. Gregg Miller

Gregg Miller New Member

Aug 10, 2022

5. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    Would that it was this easy, but yes, doctors would rather have their patients suffer. This forum has been here since the late 1990s . This addiction nonsense was a problem then and it still is. Your argument is right on, but too many physicians simply do not care. The addiction deal is bogus. Still, Xanax is prescribed often but usually for anxiety, not for MM and its cousins.

6. Gregg Miller

Gregg Miller New Member

Aug 10, 2022
    Im new- thought I had posted but it isn't on so I'll rewrite. So a doctor would rather have his patient suffer endless torture of Vertigo than face and "addiction" that can be resolved simply by gradually reducing dosages over time- comparable to Prednisone? The benefits FAR EXCEED the risk with zero side effects. If the ENT wont prescribe it TALK TO YOUR regular dr- call a psychiatrist- make an appointment. Then fire your ENT dr and find one that has care and compassion.
    Also- zanex and alprazolam are the identical medication. Alprazolam being a generic version far less expensive. version. Most states allow online order of meds. If all else fails go online to purchase. They will normally have a dr there to approve your precription. Missouri will not allow online ordering of meds. Self medicate if your dr refuses to help you.

7. Paris 48

Paris 48 New Member

Sep 4, 2015
    The Benzos really help with the vertigo.I take one as soon as I start to feel weird and if I do get vertigo it greatly takes the edge of.I take Lorazepam (Antivert)

8. Gregg Miller

Gregg Miller New Member

Aug 10, 2022

9. Gregg Miller

Gregg Miller New Member

Aug 10, 2022
    I have advanced Menierer's. It got so bad I blacked out for several seconds at a time-not to mention all the other horrors. I take 4 o.5mg Alprazolam a day. Not a single trace of vertigo for over five years. Mine was very advanced- a daily nightmare. Now I am battling hearing loss. Went totally deaf 5 weeks ago- restored 100% with Prednisone- then after 11 days reverted back. Back on the steroids- but fear the worse. Take care!!!!

10. Gregg Miller

Gregg Miller New Member

Aug 10, 2022

11. Gregg Miller

Gregg Miller New Member

Aug 10, 2022
    Alprazolam is a generic brand of Xanax. Anxiety I have- anxiety is what, for me, can induce a severe Vertigo. So intense I have had 1 to 2 second blackouts. This med not only all but eliminates anxiety which isn't pleasant, but also stopped all vertigo and has for over six years. As mentioned. so what if its addicting? There is a process of reduction of the med to get off it without withdraw concerns. So why these "doctors" are so worried it may change a persons life much for the better is flummoxing. What applied to me may not apply to others but I was so awestruck by its pristine effectiveness I had to tell my story in hopes of helping others.