1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

An old lady and a mailbox

Discussion in 'Your Writer's Den' started by solari, Dec 10, 2014.

1. solari

solari MM.org Janitor Staff Member

Admin Post
    I saw something very beautiful on my way home out in the country. I saw this very old lady, wrapped in a raincoat and shawl around her head. It was darkening from an impending storm and the wind was kicking up. She was tightly gripping the collars of her raincoat and stoically making her way bit by bit to her mailbox as I zoomed by. That image of her slingshotted me into her past, having me wonder what other brave elements she weathered in the long story of her life. I felt love and compassion for her, because of her enduring strength; because of what she might have gone through and dealt with for so long and to still be here, asserting her will to live. This seemingly mere act of her leaning into the wind to get her mail, hands clutching her raincoat, was perhaps her way of showing her world that she's still alive and strong in spirit.

2. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    You just have a way with words I guess. This made me feel emotional and reminded me of some of my elders. You forget sometimes, you know, what they through that brought us here.

I'm glad to see your posts.
    I wish I were so eloquent.
    They're usually very uplifting.
    Thank you.

3. solari

solari MM.org Janitor Staff Member

Admin Post
    <3

4. Oh, he's good

5. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    That is nice and appreciated by an old lady.