1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Antiherpetics Against Meniere's

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by John of Ohio, Nov 4, 2018.

1. John of Ohio

John of Ohio Active Member

May 17, 2014
    I've not been able to find here the thread or webpage on the former website that lays out various Meniere's treatments, particularly in regard to the innovative use of antiherpetic drugs, such as acyclovir and valacyclovir. These have a remarkable treatment efficacies for Meniere's, but are seldom prescribed by medical practitioners, who are not aware of their Meniere's efficacies (not in any otolaryngology textbook yet).

It would be unfortunate to have this information be lost and unavailable.

I've tried to attached a PDF of the Gacek paper on the subject (one physicians would want to read before innovatively prescribing acyclovir for Meniere's). But it's too big; was rejected.

Any way to recover and re-present the important antiherpetic information on the former webpages?

Is it somewhere here on the new webpages?

--John of Ohio

2. solari

solari MM.org Janitor Staff Member

Admin Post
    John,

How big was the file? I can try tweaking our settings to allow bigger files.

As for the other stuff, you can use our search function above to find these things. I recommend setting it to only search titles to narrow it down.

For example: Search Results for Query: acyclovir | Meniere's Talk forums

Ray

3. Taximom5

Taximom5 New Member

Sep 15, 2015
    Hi, John! Long time no C!

Was this info in my old "helpful info for newbies" thread? I just reposted it... please feel free to update/correct!

4. Mindosa

Mindosa Member

Jun 8, 2020
    I compressed Richard R. Gacek’s research, see attached below:

Attached Files:

5. twodogs

twodogs Member

Jul 26, 2018
    These were discussed at length many years ago. But those posts are gone, so thank you for bringing this to our attention once again John.