1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Antiviral Question - Need Input!

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by AmyLeigh, Apr 23, 2019.

1. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    There was actually a study that said this with regards to menieres, the study had nothing to do with antivirals. No idea how diabetes might figure in though.

2. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    RGV. How are the anti virals working for you? Did it help with tinnitus or ear fullness?

3. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014

I have not taken or needed them for years. They eliminated the tinnitus. The fullness went away a long time ago. I am not sure if it was the antivirals or allergy treatment that helped that, maybe both s not my biggest complaint.

4. Irishstu

Irishstu Member

Apr 28, 2019
    June, how long had you symptoms before you went on the AVs and got the allergy shots? Seems like a complete success for you and im wondering if you managed it very early on?

5. Joney

Joney Active Member

Apr 12, 2019
    I was wondering the same thing. Would you mind giving a brief summary of your journey and where you’re at today with all of this.

6. June-

June- Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I hazd CH for 9 minths, non stop symptoms 24/7 and getting worse, starting to have balance issues etc. the very well respected neurotologist who had done my acoustic neuroma surgery ten years earlier, finally said he could not help me. At that point my primary agreed to give acyclovir a try. She did not see it as risky and knew i had had a bad cmv infection a year before the ch. it worked about60% and i then went to dr derebery at House Ear LA who took it the rest of the way with allergy shots and famvir. I dont do anything noe except try not to push the caffeine.

7. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Irishstu,
    Well, I'm kind of 50/50. I think it's helping the dizziness but I have noticed mood swings and depression so getting concerned. My question for June or others is can I stop taking valtrex cold turkey ? Should I taper off or does it matter. Honestly, I felt better just when I was on lysine. Im on 1000mg 3x day. Thnx for any input

8. Fisherman42

Fisherman42 Active Member

Sep 5, 2014
    Illinois
    You could stop cold turkey but that’s like pulling the rug out. I would try to taper.

9. Rgv

Rgv Member

Mar 30, 2019
    Thats what I m doing ,,,1500mg now, will drop 500mg every 3,4 days and see how it goes
    Thnx