1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Any advice for plugged ears?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by IvanA, May 22, 2020.

1. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Whenever it rains or bad weather I notice my ears plugged and also the worse the weather the more plugged. I guess it's because of atmospheric pressure.

Is there anything to do or take to alleviate this? I am on betahistine and have been with JOH for two weeks, but I don't know if there is any advice or anything else.

Thank you.

2. Terrell

Terrell New Member

Sep 28, 2019
    not sure what will work for you specifically but if it's a physical reaction you can rub and pull earlobes, massage shoulders (a good strong elbow into the meat of the shoulder works for me) pop the ears, relax and stretch while lying down, neck stretches, take something like aspirin or tylenol to relax muscles. Avoid "computer or cell phone neck" you know when your neck is pinched and head goes forward..... If you can see osteo or chiro or massage person these definately can help as well. These days that may not be possible. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  3. IvanA

IvanA Active Member

Apr 30, 2020
    Thank you Terrel!

4. polyana

polyana New Member

Jun 2, 2018
    My ears also plug up and I get dizzy when it is rainy, and also when we have gale force winds (I'm near the water). I tense up when I'm dizzy so my shoulders creep up towards my ears. Besides trying to massage them I also use a lacrosse ball. I stand with my back on a wall and drop the ball down one side or another and just flex my knees for a while and lean back into the wall. I use the ball with a doorway to get the tops of my shoulders. It's a little awkward, but the ball is hard and kneads the shoulder muscles better than I can just massaging by hand. Before I retired I had a ball at home, at my office, and in the suitcase I used for business trips.

• Like Like x 1