1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Anybody tried out Montelukast/Singulair?

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by meemil, Nov 30, 2021.

1. meemil

meemil New Member

Oct 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Donamo

Donamo Active Member

May 12, 2014
    That is a very interesting article, thanks for posting. I know I have a stuffy nose, a LOT! June, a member here, feels the long process of allergy shots helped her very much with her MD.

It also touches on the use of betahistine. I follow most of the dietary suggestions in the Heal Your Headache book - even though I don't get migraines.

If only there was a "magic pill" that would stop these symptoms. There seems to be so many contributors to this disease! :mad:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Robert S

Robert S Member

Jun 12, 2021
    Los Angeles
    I do know that Dr. Jennifer Derebery was planning to do a drug trial with Montelukast/Singulair on Meniere’s patients at the House Ear Clinic, but not sure if it was ever done prior to her retiring a few months ago.

4. James_NZ

James_NZ New Member

Aug 30, 2021
    New Zealand

Regarding betahistine, its prescribed here in NZ for MD and SEH, I have SEH and my ENT has me on an extremely high dosage as mentioned in this study which goes far beyond what the manufacturer reports as safe. So much so the pharmacist always has to call to confirm the dosage administered as I clean them out of their entire supply of betahistine every time I get my script. My ENT agrees that high dosage betahistine is effective and safe to use long term and so far from my experience with it I agree. I get regular bloods to monitor my liver and kidney function, so far so good nothing to report(touch wood). In the report and the high dosage range they gave im just below the lowest high dosage marker but I know others who are even above the highest dosage marker(by alot). We all respond differently and its a trial and error to find your "sweet spot" with the high dosage. BUT i also suffer from seasonal allergies and take anti-histamines which cancels out the effect of betahistine so eventually i will have to be on an extremely high dose of betahistine to counter balance this :confused:

Still so much research needs to be done, but like many who suffer from this im willing to do anything to live as normal as possible.

5. Autumninthefall

Autumninthefall Active Member

Aug 10, 2019
    I’ve taken it a number of years. I believe it’s helped control my asthma~ a little. No dice on Ménière’s symptom improvement.

6. EkkoMusic

EkkoMusic Member

Jul 26, 2021
    I was at the clinic a month ago and asked about this. While retired from seeing patients, Dr. Derebery is still conducting studies!