1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Apple I phone

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by daBronx, May 13, 2014.

1. daBronx

daBronx Member

May 13, 2014
    I've been thinking of buying the latest version of Apple's I phone,the I6 phone due out in August,but after watching this video I wonder if it's such a good idea.
    http://tinyurl.com/mvwoeta

2. What brand of phone do you have now? I have the iPhone4 and I'm happy with mine.

3. Chrisk

Chrisk Member

May 12, 2014
    The wife and I each have Iphone 5s. Siri does some crazy stuff.

4. daBronx

daBronx Member

May 13, 2014
    I currently don't own an I phone or a cell phone.But I've been thinking of getting a phone mainly to keep in touch with my daughter and with a few friends I have in the vicinity.It seems seniors like myself tend to have cell phones.Young people tend to have I phones.Of course young people tend to own I pads whereas seniors like myself don't own I pads.I'm not into playing games on my Lenovo laptop at home.I just use it for email,investments,groups like menieres.org,etc.

5. I'd be lost without my phone. :) It's a must have.

6. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    I still own & use my 2002 Sony Ericsson C702 Cyber Shot. People love it. It's now retro.

7. daBronx

daBronx Member

May 13, 2014
    Sounds like some people here are talking about cell phones not necessarily the Apple I phone.I guess it depends what each person's needs are.
    I often see younger people walking along looking down at their I phones not looking at what's in front of them.They seem to be in their own solitary little world.Maybe someone will invent an I phone with antenna's that will tell the user who is in front of him/her all the while as the user looks down playing his games.

8. Nathan

Nathan Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Subsurface ocean, Europa
    Reminds me of Henry Alex Rubin's 'Disconnect'. Excellent movie. You may enjoy it.

Social network addiction or problematic internet use occurs regardless of device type, manufacturer or operating system. iPhone, Android, laptop, desktop, tablet, OS X, Windows, Linux etc all harbour the potential for its user to become addicted to the internet access & social mediums they offer. That being said, it has more to do with the individual using these technologies, rather than the technologies they use. There are larger factors & variables at play, such as cultural dynamics, psychological states & genetic susceptibility.

I think you'll be just fine with an iPhone, my friend. Be sure to look into other smartphones though, as you may prefer android or windows mobile over Apple's iOS. It all boils down to personal preference.

9. caveman

caveman New Member

May 14, 2014
    Hey DaBronx,

Moderation is the key. If it helps you stay connected to loved ones then great. I only use facebook for staying up to date with all of my family but only check it about once a month to every 6 months. It is really up to how easy is it for you to push away for the table. By that I mean not get so engrossed in what happens online to remember there is still a real world out there.

If you are asking specifically about the iPhone vs other phones and don't have any previous smart phone experience I would point you to the iPhone since it is VERY user friendly and have great support. I personally prefer the Android because it allows me to customize and control it a little more. Try them out.

10. Vicki

Vicki Guest

I had the iPhone 4 for a couple of years and loved it, now I have the 5c and its just as good if not better.

11. njspingirl

njspingirl swaying to the wind

May 15, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    I have the iphone 5 now. My iphone 4 was awesome. Even bought a bose stereo system for it. Problem, I updated the iphone 4 and it went nuts. Problem 2, my iphone 5 does not fit the Bose system! lolol I have to download all songs on iphone 4 and just use it for music.