1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Atmospheric Pressure Changes

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by MaryR, Dec 1, 2019.

1. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    Over the last weeks, I've been doing well and living a normal life. Unfortunately we have had some drastic weather/temperature/barometric changes all at once within the past few days. They completely did me in. It started yesterday afternoon with my left ear feeling blocked and then losing the hearing in that ear. Today it's tinnitus of 1000 on a scale of 1 to 10 and still can't hear out of that ear. This is so disheartening. :(

2. AnneT

AnneT Well-Known Member

May 14, 2014
    Alberta
    California ugh! Hope you’re feeling improved now. Maybe we have a similar system going on up here in Cowtown- massive Chinook arches, lots of people with brutal headaches etc.

I had a classic migraine with a visual and taste aura. Last night I felt like I might get a vertigo but didn’t. Still... blech.

3. California Sun

California Sun Active Member

May 23, 2019
    I am feeling better but still not as good as I was. Thanks for asking. Still having some times where I don't feel that great but fortunately that has just been on and off and not lasting more than a day. No dizziness or vertigo, but that terrible blocked feeling in my left ear alternating with very loud tinnitus. The weather here has been so unstable--going from clear to cloudy and back again, windy to calm, drastic temperature changes. It's the constant changes that cause me problems.

4. Mr. Tom

Mr. Tom Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Where ever I park my RV
    Strange..... Where I am in SE Arizona there has been a high pressure here and I experienced the worst episode of vertigo in about four years. Even going from 218 ft BELOW sea level to as high as about 10,000 feet in elevation hasn't given me any issue, but then again seems as my whole family doesn't go 'by the book' with things.

5. Erin

Erin New Member

Nov 22, 2019
    Thanks for sharing this! Vertigo comes and goes for me several times per week, but I only have really bad attacks every other week or so. Looking back on my journal it seems like some of them line with up storms but storms but not all - I'll be interested to see how this plays out through the winter.