1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Bad Relapse after New Cpap Mask or from TMJ Appliance? or...lol

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Jedirusty, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Jedirusty

Jedirusty New Member

Apr 8, 2019
    Hi all,

I'm relapsing bad and I don't know why, I tend to get really bad tinnitus and sound sensitivity when my Menieres comes back and its back with a vengeance. So bad that when I touch my face on the affected side it actually triggers more intense ringing.

Just started wearing a TMJ appliance at the start of the year, and got a new mouth and nose CPAP mask... I think one of these might be the thing that did me in...

That or I just found out I have pre-diabetes. I'd be curious to know how many of you use a cpap or a TMJ appliance or have diabetes and if any of these have triggered an episode?

2. Autumninthefall

Autumninthefall Active Member

Aug 10, 2019
    I've had TMJ since I was a teen, and I'm late thirties. I just know I have to wear the splint every night. Sometimes, I'll even put it on during the day if I notice I'm clenching my teeth. The splint helps my TMJ. Sadly, no correlation between my TMJ and Meniere's, and my splint has never triggered any symptoms. Sometimes I feel like beating my head against a wall, as it really is Meniere's causing my problem, nothing I can fix,~no mystery for me. I hope you have better luck, and are able to get your blood sugar under control.
    *Just a thought, make sure you're cleaning your new cpap mask as directed, possibly more. Mold/fungus are not your friend~especially if you have Meniere's and/or allergies. If it were me, it'd be cleaned daily.

3. Jedirusty

Jedirusty New Member

Apr 8, 2019
    Thanks, yea my blood sugar is my next battle i guess. I just found it so odd that it would just come out of nowhere all of a sudden, i was doing so well for the past year and wasn't really sure why, then it just hit me hard with intense tinnitus, fullness and sound sensitivity. The only thing drastic changes were the tmj splint, prediabetes and the new mask.. I knew it was too good to be true lol. I bet you it was that dang beef jerky!!!

4. Rebecca

Rebecca Member

Jan 19, 2019
    I've suffered with this crap for over 20 years. Through all those years I never noticed weather to be an issue. Over this past year that has changed. Extreme fullness, pressure, more tinnitus, now even in my none mm ear, brain fog, feeling like crud - most days - with very few days of less symptoms. I read about barometric pressure being a problem for some. So, I started tracking it. Sure enough, when the weather changes and the barometric pressure goes up or down my symptoms worsen. The thing that's bad with this is there is nothing that helps that I have found. So, how's your weather been? Could that be part of the issue? Have you spoken to your doctor or ENT about this? Have you had an MRI to check for a benign tumor causing the pressure? I wish you well, and hope you find some relief!

5. Jedirusty

Jedirusty New Member

Apr 8, 2019
    I've noticed changes to my symptoms with weather changes as well in the past, I'll have to look at a barometric pressure chart for the last few months and see if anything correlates. I have had an MRI and it showed that I have vascular loop around my auditory nerve so i'm guessing something might be making that flare up again. The past year i had amazing relief and i wish i knew why.. I think i'm gonna cut out the salt intake and see if that helps. Maybe it has to do with blood pressure.. who knows...