1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

can someone please explain how to post a picture

Discussion in 'Your Front Porch' started by Selene, May 20, 2014.

1. Selene

Selene Member

May 18, 2014
    Thank you! When you click attachments & chose the file what do you click to get the picture in the text box?

2. Are you talking about this?

Attachments and other options
    Notify me of replies. Return to this topic. Don't use smileys.
    Attach: (Clear Attachment) (Clear Attachment)(more attachments)Restrictions: 4 per post, maximum total size 192KB, maximum individual size 128KB

shortcuts: hit alt+s to submit/post or alt+p to preview

3. Selene

Selene Member

May 18, 2014
    Yes I am! I click attachments, choose my file, the file ID gets into the box that said no file chosen but it never posts in this box, the post get rejected as being "empty" how do I get the picture from chose file to enter the text box, Things on the computer that are so easy for other (younger? more tech savvy? ) people are such a challenge for me. :(

4. There needs to be text in the text box or maybe put a smiley face if you don't want to say anything. Then just click on post. Try that :)

5. Selene

Selene Member

May 18, 2014
    Oh, thank you....once I put a smiley and hit preview would I then see the pic in the box (not a relative of jack in the box LOL ) or would it still not show the pic until I actually hit post ?

6. Put a smiley in then choose your file and now hit post. Both should show.

7. When you preview it, you will only see the smiley. I think!

8. The pic should show after you hit post. For some reason it can't be preview. That could be just on my end tho. :)

9. Vicki

Vicki Guest

You can post pictures two way, if you hit apply and not use quick reply there is a little icon that says insert image if moused overamidst the ones where you can change fonts etc it is right under the B (bold) icon and you can put the url of an image in between the [image][/image] tags

Or under where you type post it says attachments and other options open the + sign next to it..click the browse button and browse to the image you want to upload but it cant exceed 128KB or it wont show up. Make sure you have some text typed in the message box above it too. You cant post a image without typing some text first.

10. Vicki

Vicki Guest

I meant hit reply not apply

11. Selene

Selene Member

May 18, 2014
    thank you both so much, I'll give it a try. It didn't show up in the preview even with the smiley. That threw me off but I see it's normal. I'm just afraid if I accidentally attach the wrong photo there is no turning back...Vicki, I will try it but it sounds like it's above my pay grade LOL I need to be able to check that I attached the right photo before it's etched in stone.... I'm known to make mistakes like this, I guess on this board I can blame it on brain fog but it's really just me.

12. He Selene, Ray says he will probably remove it...

http://menieres.org/talk/index.php?topic=107.0

I use photobuckett. Have you thought of trying that out?

13. Selene

Selene Member

May 18, 2014
    no fair2partlycloudy I haven't. Only because i simply do not know how to use it. You are so helpful though, that is nice of you. I bet it is a nice feeling to know how to work all your equipment & synchronize your camera, phone & tab to your computer, use photo programs & post pictures anywhere you want. I'm glad I can work my computer & go on sites and post but pictures are another story LOL Well I can live without posting a pic on this site. I can type and post and that will have to be good enough. My pics arent that important actually.

14. If you ever want to learn just give me a shout. I'll be glad to help.

15. Selene

Selene Member

May 18, 2014
    that you so much, that is so very nice of you :)