1. Get our daily digest email where we email the latest new topics from our Strictly Health forum to keep up with the latest developments! Click here to subscribe.

Cannibis Treatment for Meniere's

Discussion in 'Your Living Room' started by Jaeger, Jul 27, 2015.

1. http://www.menieres.org/forum/index.php/topic,18763.0.html

He was a member on the old forum.

2. moodymom27

moodymom27 Active Member

Thanks for the info, Fair.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

3. dolfan

dolfan Member

May 20, 2014
    Miami
    vape pens are the future of treating MM

4. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    They're so much easier and the oil lasts a long time. If you go to a dispensary it's a bit expensive but in the end it's worth it. :)

I think most Kush's are good but you still must check a strain chart first to get the results you need.

Platinum Kush is one of the good ones.

Mike, you live in a state where you can go to a dispensary? What strains help you most?

5. moodymom27

moodymom27 Active Member

I vape. You can actually vape cannabis? I had no idea.

6. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Yep. Soon that's what most medical marijuana dispensaries will sell. They're picking up in popularity because they last so long. For the same amount from another source that's not the oil it's almost twice as much too. It's in this cute little pen like thing. No setting up a gape machine. Just puff.

7. MikeB

MikeB Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Moody: Vaping marijuana has been around for quite a long time, and is still the
    best method for most. By vaping, I mean using a vaporizer to heat ground MJ
    to a point just prior to ignition, but hot enough for the MJ to release (in vapor)
    all of the beneficial oils.

Never had one, but many have told me that this is the best vaporizer there is:

http://www.volcanovaporizer.com/shop_us/en

Not cheap, either!

The newer style of "vaping" is done using electronic vape pens and a MJ concentrate
    oil. Same basic process (heats to a point just prior to ignition), but with vape pens
    you are inhaling the vapors of a highly concentrated cannabis oil. It's a great way
    to medicate, BUT, caution should be used so you don't over do things and wind up
    completely ferschnickered.

Bea: When it comes to relief of Meniere's symptoms, I prefer a Indica/Sativa blend
    that leans to the Indica side. In my case, I am ADHD, meaning a different brain
    chemistry than most.

I usually have several strains around, and at the moment the Purple Urkle
    is giving me the most relief. Also have LA Confidential, but it's honestly too
    strong to be used anytime except just before bed. Girl Scout Cookie is another
    strain I have found good relief with, and it's not near as strong as the LA
    Confidential.

The cannabis gene pool has expanded massively in the past 10 years, so
    there should be a strain available that helps. Do some research and review
    a few marijuana seed sites, as they generally have a full description as well
    as user reviews of each strain.

If there is a dispensary nearby, I would suggest a Meniere's patient to get a gram
    each of a 100% Indica, a 100% Sativa, and then maybe a gram each of a couple
    crosses. Do not mix them, but when you're feeling crappy try them one strain (per
    day) and see which one helps the most.

No matter your level of experience, always start off slow (small amt's) with a new
    strain.

8. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    Mike, love your posts!

My friend has that Volcano vape machine and yes it is the best after tried several others.
    As is the case with so many treatments of Menieres this is one you need to unfortunately experiment with.
    I find more Indica to be more helpful than Sativa. Platinum Kush seems to be doing fine, with my little vape machine, lol. OG Kush has helped too. That's from the vape pen. I really do like the pens.
    It's a controversial treatment to be sure especially in a society that thrives on traditional medications.

Sometimes you just have to think outside the box!

9. moodymom27

moodymom27 Active Member

I'm up for trying anything to help symptoms. Sucks I can't do it here.

10. BumbleBea

BumbleBea Fallen Angel

May 13, 2014
    You have to know someone who knows someone who knows someone, LOL.

11. moodymom27

moodymom27 Active Member

LOL, I wouldn't know where to start. I've been pretty sheltered. Plus I seriously doubt my husband would be in agreement for me to do that.

12. RingNears

RingNears Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Lol moodymom27 , I am with you on that.How about a drink.?

13. MikeB

MikeB Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Granted, marriage is a partnership, but this is your body, you're the one with Meniere's,
    and IT'S NOT UP TO HIM what medications you take, especially if they help give you
    a better quality of life.

There's no guarantee that any medication will help, but, Cannabis has been proven to
    relieve many of the worst symptoms/effects in many people. Not all though, but damn,
    if you have an opportunity to potentially feel better.

Yes, it can be a bit spooky, as most of us have had it drummed into our brains that
    marijuana is some kind of evil substance. That's complete horseshit, and the government
    has known this for decades..but, they lied anyway.

You might consider talking to your husband about it...maybe he'll surprise you, and be
    more open minded than you might think. You're all grown up..there's nothing to fear.

As for where you would start, it depends on what state you live in.

14. scott tom

scott tom Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Doing something without spousal consent is more complicated than just, "It's my body, so I'll do what I want.". What if it's illegal? What if you have kids? This is a major decision and one that your spouse has a right to know about, especially if you live in a state where they might confiscate your house or children if you're caught. Marijuana may be harmless, but getting busted in a state like Texas is not.

15. MikeB

MikeB Member

Apr 30, 2015
    Scott, nobody said to keep it a secret, but aside from the legal issues (depending
    on what state Moody lives in) we're talking about a medication here. Ya gotta admit,
    the "might confiscate your house or children" is a bit much. This is an example of the
    undeserved fear, making people afraid of something that, with common sense use,
    is relatively harmless. Agreed though, in that the laws should be followed as much as
    possible. This is also why families are moving to Colorado so their epileptic children can
    have the benefit of effective, cannabis based medicine.

As you know, I will not argue or debate, so let's just leave the issue with Moody's
    good judgment.

16. moodymom27

moodymom27 Active Member

Didn't mean to spark a debate. I live in GA and it is not legal here. I have two special needs kids and my husband works 48 hour shifts. It would definitely have to be something he knew about and only when he is home. Thank you both for your opinions and help. :)

17. MikeB

MikeB Member

Apr 30, 2015
    If I had to consider all those same factors, I would not be using MJ myself.

Stay positive and keep looking Moody..hopefully there is another med that will be of help.

18. moodymom27

moodymom27 Active Member

Thank you Mike. I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. Thankfully the past week has been good. I didn't get another gent shot Friday. Hoping it will stay tamed like this for now. However, my ear does hurt fairly bad right now because I some how managed to bust the eardrum Saturday morning. :'(

19. scott tom

scott tom Active Member

May 14, 2015
    I wasn't trying to debate or argue, and i agree that MJ is good medicine. However, it's not a bit much to say that homes and children can be confiscated, when in fact, in some states, they are. There are people serving 10+ years in prison in this country for mere possession. Also, in some states, like Florida, if you are involved in a car accident, you are automatically tested for drugs, and if you have MJ in your system, you're getting a DUID and can be charged with more serious offences if the other person is injured, maimed, or killed.

It sucks, yes. But that's the reality of the situation. Definitely something we all have to consider when doing this.

20. scott tom

scott tom Active Member

May 14, 2015
    Also, even in some states where MMJ is legal, those DUID laws still apply. Check the NORML website for more info about your particular state.